Help With Health Insurance

Hi Ladies and Gents,

I Have just signed up to this sight and my long term goad is to eventually retire in Gozo and thought this would be a great way to make contacts and to learn about life on the islands.

The question I was hoping might get answered was around the health insurance requirements for people wanting to reside permanently in Malta/Gozo.

I am lucky enough to hold dual nationality NZ and Dutch which is great for entering and staying in the country,however, only having briefly worked in the UK for 8 years and not currently having any EU health insurance is the only way to get Maltese Health care via private health insurance? and will that satisfy the permanent residency requirements?

Any guidance/good advice would be greatly apprecaited

If you are going to be working here and paying taxes & NI after a certain period you would be entitled to public healthcare.

Private Health Insurance (as long as you get the correct level of cover) would meet residency requirement. If you require any additional information regarding this part please feel free to ask as this is my field of expertise.

Hi Tinna9,

Thank you for your response really helps. At this stage I wouldn't anticipate me working I would purely be looking to Retire in Gozo and hope that my Australian State pension and personal super will suffice.

I currently pay private health insurance here in Australia so I would be quite comfortable with paying for private health care in Gozo as long as its not to restrictive

Questions and answers about visas

Ask your question
Moving From Greece to Malta.
By kwstasarva
Asking about Applying Visa to Malta
By Sissy09
non eu spouse visa
By paulsmith1979
Asking the best way for the Malta Visa
By RayAucote
Retiring to malta from UK
By emma1979