Need help!

Hello,everyone,my name is Jessie and i come from Bulgaria.I graduated from university studying arabic language and my only dream is to live in an arab country as far as i love this culture,life and everything else you can think of.So long story cut short,i have very very good friends in Libya and we have talked about the idea of going there many times,but i think many things have stopped me so far,one of which was the luck of info how to get there,how to try to find a job or study there.I really need your help here,i need more info of what is required and every possible detail that i need to know.I am more than willing to get a job there,so if you have some info about that as well,i will be more than happy to hear it.Please do not answer me if you are here to tell me i am crazy or there is no job or something,i am aware of the things people say...I need to get the answers of my questions like how can i stay there longer,if i go with a tourist agency,will i be able to stay in a different place but not the hotels they are offering,and can i stay longer?I am asking with all my heart for some answers from everyone that can help me,cause it is just a life that must be changed!Hope i do not sound that dramatic,but it is really important for me!Thank you all in advance...

about the study no problem
you can study free here
if u apply in alda was alislamia  universty

about job mm maybe private u can find

visa,  ask your friend for invitation

Hey,thank you so much for your answer,i am trying to find some more info in the web for the university you are talking about but i am not able to find anything.Do you have their website or something else about it?And are you sure it is free to study there as far as i will be an international student?
Are you from Libya?Actually i was thinking about the invitation,are they going to accept one from just a friend,just thinking if they will accept only this...Thank you so much for your response...:)

eyeoflibya.com

Go here and get all the info.
you can study here as well we have good universities.
and you can work as far as you have good experience and talent and you are a hard worker.
cheers
dani :):):):):):):):one:one:one:one:one:one

the university name
جامعة الدعوة الاسلامية للدراسات العربية و الاسلامية

Hey,thank you all for your answers,i am going through the web sites you have given me,i am trying to contact them,but nobody seems to answer.I am looking at the tourist agencies as well,and i know this can be a way to go there,but nobody is mentioning any prices,i can not go without knowing how much i need to spend,do you have any info about that?I am sorry,i do not want to be a pain,but i am just trying to get everything and it is difficult.

Overall Libya is a cheaper place to live - but there are so many variables to say "cheap" so check with other people.

What kind of prices are you looking for?

Have you tried to apply to Bulgarian companies here in Libya?

Once thing different here is - life is slow paced. Whenever I travel to London and back, I realize how slow paced it really is, and so relaxing!

Anyway - what prices are you looking for? Rent prices for flats and houses? Are you coming alone?

I know it is place where you can live normal,the prices i'm looking for is the visa,the issue of the visa,the acomodation,lets say i want to rent a place for a month,how much will that cost me?I need to know the prices of the things that will help me to stay there,the visa,the flight,the house,from then on i do not care about the food or lifestyle,i know it is normal.I am coming alone,that is why i want to have organized everything myself,without me getting there and sleeping on the street...I want to get the prices and to know are there cheap hotels or hostels there that i can find from here and book something...

I'll give you the details of my 2009 trip to Libya as that seems to be what is most applicable to you.  You may have a better ability to check things out because you speak/read Arabic.  The prices are for a US citizen and in US dollars.

Visa: 150
There was no way at the time to get a tourist visa from the Libyan Peoples Bureau in Washington DC.  I had to have someone in Libya "pull some strings" to get a visa authorization number sent to the Bureau.  Even then, they did not want to issue the visa and I had to find a connection in DC to make the peons issue the visa.  Now you can get visa upon arrival but you (or your friend)will still have to have a travel agency or connection (wasta) in Libya to get it for you as far as I know. Remember this applied to me as a US citizen - things may be different for you - but most likely not because of what happened with the HIV tragedy in Benghazi. If you plan on going to school, I would guess the school will handle the visa procedure.  As you speak Arabic, just start calling schools.... they are open Sunday - thurs I think. 

Hotels:  I needed to be in Dahara, Tripoli so I stayed at the Marhaba hotel at a fairly reasonable rate of $50 per night. I can't tell you much about it because I just kept my heavyest bags there and stayed with a friend of mine at her house.

Travel: While in Libya, I have never felt any restrictions on my movement, well except for that flood in BG about a month ago which was a pain in the butt, but other than that I have traveled and stayed where I want.  Did not go to the desert yet and I am pretty sure there are some restrictions concerning travel there.

Since you have good friends in Libya you really only need to worry about the visa.  When you arrive at the airport, just call them and they can get you where you need to go.  I think you would be safe with about $100 per day - $50 hotel, $10 food, and $40 for taxis and incidentals.

Hope this helps.  Good luck

Hey ya,thank you and thank you,i am saying that all the time i know:)I am trying to organize the things myself not involving my friends that much,but this info about the trip will help me a  lot.And what about the tickets,which company did you fly with to Libya?Is it very expensive?

I used Delta to get from the US to Egypt where I visited a friend of mine. From Egypt I used Alitalia and yes, Alitalia was expensive and I had to fly first to Rome.... but it was EID and I considered myself lucky just to get the flight. I have never flown straight from the US (to Europe) and then to Libya.  You can do it..KLM, Lufthansa, Turkish Air, Egypt Air, and the Libyan companies all have flights from Europe to Libya.  My guess is somewhere around $600 from Europe.  That may be a little on the cheap end but I believe it can be done.