Close

General Budget for Basics, For a Single Guy in Vietnam??

I am planning to relocate to Vietnam, most likely one of the 3 major cities.  I wanted to get a general idea from those of you living there what is a basic budget for a single guy.

I realize other luxuries and stuff like dating, sight-seeing, etc. fluctuate based on lifestyle.. so i'm just interested in the Base Budget for things like;

A decent, mid-range 2-Bedroom apartment:
Monthly utilities total (electric, water, propane):
Purchasing a new Scooter (120cc or so):
Food Budget (50% dining out, 50% cooking at home):
Internet (5mbps+):

That's pretty much the basics, the rest I can negotiate.  Thanks in advance for any info you can share on this.   :top:

Food  : 220$
housing 250$ ( include electricity ,water, internet....)
entertainment 100$.

A  well-furnished 2-bedroom apartment would probably cost upwards of 400$ which includes TV, water, internet (hi-speed) and cleaning services.

If you are into street food, then you can limit your food expenses to about 200$ or even lower.

A good scooter would be upwards of 1000$, but you can find many decent 2nd hand ones for about 250$

If you plan to stay in hanoi, you would need atleast 1000$ a month to live comfortably provided you are not sharing the apartment with someone.

Thanks, that gives me a better idea of what to budget.    :top:

Saigon
That's a bigger apartment and a lot of eating out, difficult to estimate.
Assuming finding/negotiating furnished apt in D1 or D7 through English-speaking broker, allow $1400+/month if you are doing foreign food, $1200 if Vietnamese food at quán ăn.

$2000 for a new Airblade 125cc, or $1500 used 2013 Airblade (first year 125cc).
But I believe to purchase and register a motorbike in your name you need a TRC (temporary resident card, maybe via your employer)

Expatriate health insurance in Vietnam

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Vietnam

Moving to Vietnam

Find tips from professionals about moving to Vietnam

Travel insurance in Vietnam

Enjoy a stress-free travel across Vietnam

Flights to Vietnam

Find the best prices for your flight tickets to Vietnam