Fiscal domicile vs residence

I have applied for a permesso di soggiorno for elective residency and am now concerned about taxes on my investment income abroad  (I am a retired US citizen but have my current residence in a non-eu country and intend to live 5 months here and 7 months there). I understand that if I stay in Italy more than 5 months a year I would be considered fiscally domiciled here, and that I can not leave the country for more than 6 months at a time or I would loose my permesso, but I am getting different answers of whether I can/should go to anagrafa and become a resident without that triggering  Italy as my fiscal domicile , as presumably one can have residence in more than one country, but only one fiscal domicile. I own a house here by the sea, and thus would benefit from resident rates on real estate taxes and utilities, and also own my principal residence in another country. Anyone with experience or know an expert I can consult?

New topic

Questions and answers about formalities

Ask your question
Marco Young
I lost my permesso di soggorno
By Vikey345
Registration problem
By saikats462
I want to go Italy
By Mukarrim.ali
Prince Nigeria
Italian permesso 2 years with my Nigeria passport
By Prince Nigeria

Expatriate health insurance in Italy

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Italy

Moving to Italy

Find tips from professionals about moving to Italy

Travel insurance in Italy

Enjoy a stress-free travel across Italy

Flights to Italy

Find the best prices for your flight tickets to Italy