Can anybody recommend me aan ffordable ,safe hotel ,,Cairo

I will be going to Cairo and i am looking for ana affordable but safe hotel,,Mirta

which area u prefer ?
stars?
hotel or hostel?

Probably ,,downtown cuz last time I stayed too far and I could hardly walk and see cairo ,i needed a taxi ,,I do not mind if is a hostel but I wanted to be safe,,,thankss

Mirtajaz wrote:

I will be going to Cairo and i am looking for ana affordable but safe hotel,,Mirta

Hi Mirtajaz. I can recommend a place downtown called Pension Roma. It's affordable, clean and safe and in a good location on Mohamed Farid, a busy street lined with shops and very close to Talat Harb square. I stayed there for a few nights in December and the staff are super friendly and helpful. It's not a hostel and they have rooms with shared or private bathrooms depending on your budget. Give them a call to book as they are quite popular with travelers. Email may not work well with them.

pensionroma.com.eg/english/pensionroma.htm

Also, I'd suggest just looking at a Lonely Planet guide as their recommendations are pretty solid. HOpe this helps.

best,

Joe

Thanks Joe I will check it ,,,mirta

There is a hotel on Talaat Harb street, down town, called tulipe, it's nice, clean, charges around 80 EGP per night, around 15 Dollars..

There is another hotel in Dokki too, called Rose hotel, it's a bit better, around 120 EGP per night.. enjoy ur visit..

Thanks Patrick

well try President hotel in zamalek
that is cheap and very safe round 120EGP per night
hassan sabri street near the american hostle

www.booking.com for anyone else looking for hotels, im guessing mirta must have either come and gone or postponed given the recent/ current events.

booking.com gives u the option of finding hotels to ur preference, with all the amenities you are searching for, anywhere int he world, and u do not have to pay to make a reservation.

That is very useful information, legacy, even for anyone wishing to travel within Egypt. Thanks for sharing it.

intoegypt.com/

i stayed at cairo centre hotel in adly street, dowtown cairo, very near talaat el harb st an midaan opera.

rooms were clean an it was affordable and im sure i booked it through laterooms.com

THANKS I HAVE JUST CAME BACK ,,I STAYED AT  THE PRESIDENT HOTEL
IN ZAMALECK SAFE AND CLEAN FOR THE PRICE,BUT I WILL KEEP IN MIND THE HOTEL YOU STAYED,MIRTA

Hello Mirtajaz,

Kindly please avoid posting in lower caps.

Thanks