New members of the Thailand forum, introduce yourself here – 4th quarter of 2016

I'm Arvind, living and working in Bangkok last 9 years. I work as software engineer.

Hi
I am Vietnamese
I am good at English and Chinese.
I am living at Bangkok alone
I am interested  in tourism end meditation.

Hi Lyn
How are you?
I am Vietnamese too.
I am living in Bangkok more than 3 years.
I worked in tourism but now is jobless
I am good at both English and Chinese.
Nice to know you
A Sang

Hello everybody!

My name is Calliope and I am an ESL teacher. My friend and I are coming to Thailand next month in order to explore Asia and, of course, if possible to find a job.

Any tips for accommodation, sites, vacancies or anything else are more than welcome! :)

Let your fingers do the walking. I live in Chiang Mai and the international schools are always looking for American English teachers, ESL would be perfect. Search the web for International schools in Thailand. Doing this from your home should be able to provide you with a smoother transition.

hi i am thai would like to make international friend
my line id -prangvalai or you have fb?

Thank you !! What troubles me though,is that I am not a native speaker ( I am Greek ) . I have been searching online but only natives are wanted😒 . I have been working as an ESL teacher for 8 years now. However, I will aply anyway.😊

We are Rhonda and Paul, Australian,  retired and living in Chiang Mai. Just love Thailand and its gentle people and slower pace of life here in CM.

Hello: I have lived in Thailand for 8 years in Chiang Mai. We have a large house with an independent 'guest' house on the compound in which we do airbnb ; I am a retired publisher; my wife Pim is Thai and she is an ISO consultant, fruit carver and independent tour guide. I am a cyclist (road bike) covering some 25000 km per year and also do some coaching for the sport. We can help with anything Chiang Mai related. Ian & Pim

Hello everyone! My name is Katie. I am from the USA and have been in the Bangkok area doing volunteer work for the last 2 months and will be here for an additional 3 months. I hope everyone enjoys their time in Thailand as much as I have!

I'll be there in Feb. I hope we meet. What volunteer job you do?

I do volunteer work through an international organization which mostly consists of teaching different groups (blind women, young students, adult students, etc..)  literally from sun up to sun down lol. I hope that you enjoy your time here!

Great  :one I always interested in such activity.

Greetings,  my name is Art and I'm from Los Angeles.  I After unfortunately ending a 26 year marriage I'm looking or a new start.  I recently traveled to Bali and Thailand and met some expats which gave some insights in living abroad in these countries.  I'm 55 and eligible for retire from my job but the cost of living in Los Angeles wouldn't fund a comfortable future for me. So living in Thailand does make sense.  Especially since since I love the people, culture, the cost of living, and food.  As many of you have already experienced  retiring in a foreign country is a huge commitment and can be complex so I'm looking for your knowledge and wisdom to help make an easier transition.  Thank you for allowing to learn and hopefully develop friendships with you.   Regards

Hi Art,

I am an Australian and lived in Thailand for 1 year. I came to Thailand in similar circumstances to your self,  separated after 10 years, looking for some thing different.  Only issue I see living in Thailand is not being bored. You need to volunteer or work,  I went to Thailand to become a Dive Master and after the 3 months was up on my student visa and finishing my course I stayed another 9 months.
You do nor have the same entertainment as in your home country,  restaurants,  cafes etc. At 55 you can get a retirement visa, or start your own business and maybe use the workplace skills you already have. I am married to a Thai national and have been for 12 years. Thai marriages to Europeans are not known to last a long time,  there are to many cultural differences.  what area are you thinking of moving too?

Thank you so much for your response and insight.  When I visited Thailand for my first time in Nov I stayed in Bangkok.  I liked that it was modern city with modern shopping centers with familiar food chains to remind me of home.  However,  I really enjoyed the various Thai street foods available.  I had no problem eating the local foods.  However,  im looking to come back to Thailand sometime in Oct or Nov with the intention to check out Chang Mai,  Pattaya, Phukett as well as heading back to Bangkok to do more investigating.

Thank you for your welcome.  My partner and I are considering retirement in Chiang Mai and are trying to arrange a trip there to see if there is a fit.  We have spent time in Bangkok, enjoyed Thailand a lot, but I am bothered by the heat we had in BKK.  Wondering if there is a best time to visit.  We've read about the crop burning (February?), so that's probably not a good time to visit.  Any guidance you have will be appreciated.  Many thanks.  Gary

Hi Murray
My name is Paul from UK been coming here for 12yrs and 69yrs old I live near MBK if it's convenient love to meet up for a chat and maybe a beer .

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread:
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=640202

Thanks!

Closed