New members of the Mexico forum, introduce yourself here – 4th quarter of 2016

Hi all,

Newbie on the Mexico forum? Don’t know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in Mexico if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

PD : The thread New members of the Mexico forum, introduce yourself here – 3rd quarter of 2016 continues below!

Thank you for warm welcome.  I have visited Cancun twice and the last time was in February of this year.  I am considering the possibility because I felt the people were warm and helpful and they smile!  For the past few years I have simplified my life and have been preparing to extract myself from the chaotic congested city.  It is important for me to stay active and busy and I would like to know if it is realistic to believe that I could give occasional lessons/tutor in English/Art lesson for some extra pesos? I was a school teacher and enjoy teaching.  Aside from that, I love fresh fish and the seashore.  I wish to be active both in the expat community and the local community.

Hi, all. I'm visiting Guanajuato for three weeks this winter and am interested in the best ways to meet people and learn about life there. Thanks for any suggestions on meeting places, events, etc.

I am  going 2 puerto morelos in jan/ feb 17 to check out living there at least 4 the winter .....any info would be welcome....been visiting mexico 4  40 years both coasts + love it...would love info on rentals .....sharing an apt ....etc.

Not a new member exactely, not in Mexico exactely, but rather I am back - kind of.  Well that was sure discriptive wasn't it.  Let me explain please.
I am Surfrider and I moved to Mexico in 2011 and have been living there for all these years.  I have a home in Puerto Vallarta that I love.  I love Mexico and I love living in Mexico.  However, in 2015 I had to return back to the states.
At the current time I am still in the states - went back a few months ago just to visit

So I guess I would say Hello I am half new?     I hope that all of you new to Mexico find the freedom, the joy, and the adventure as wonderful as I have.

hi there-- this is Shay in Kansas city -- I didn't see any one answering your email-- did you get local americans to talk with?

haven't lived there but lived in brownville tx--just across the border--- I would not live in either towns--- I would stay away from border towns.

If you mean me, yes, I've gotten some helpful contacts. Thanks.

Hello there!
Thanks for this warm welcome😊

I will start my travel to Mexico City tomorrow and will stay there for 5 weeks on business trip and would love to meet other expats beside of my colleagues[at]work.

Would like to spend my time especially during the weekend with lovely people around which can show me the city, etc.

See you soon in MX.

Kind regards, Alex.

Hola, my name is Dan, middle-aged (56), single/long time divorced, and toying with Puerto Rico (USA), Panama and most likely Baja California (Playas de Tijuana, Rosarito, or Ensenada) due to the proximity to VA in San Diego.  I'm planning on renting then buying a beachfront condominium.  I love the ocean  :thanks: .  I really enjoy cycling (indoor or outdoor).  I prefer to live somewhere there middle-aged people to enjoy life with.  Any questions or suggestions, you know where to find me. Talk to ya'll later  :cheers:

I will be in guanajuato january 2017. It would be nice to have lunch and talk about living in guanajuato.

Questions and answers about Mexico

Ask your question
Are you happy in Mexico?
By Priscilla
Moving to Mexico with a Cat and no Car
By nikolas4squid
Bicycle John
Shipping a small amount of household goods to SMA
By Bicycle John
Residency on Isla Mujeres
By MishKev

Expatriate health insurance in Mexico