BADMINTON : Where can we meet and play with people?

Hi everyone!

i'm a big fan of badminton and i was wondering if there was a place in Phnom Penh like you can come at almost any time to meet and play with people?
If not, would anyone be interested by founding some kind of team to meet regularly?

Best,

Lorrain

Well, I won't be there until January, but I love badminton! Haven't played in ages, but I was pretty good. I play a mean game of ping pong as well. When I do finally arrive, I would love to get up with you and get something going.

purcell wrote:

Hi everyone!

i'm a big fan of badminton and i was wondering if there was a place in Phnom Penh like you can come at almost any time to meet and play with people?
If not, would anyone be interested by founding some kind of team to meet regularly?

Best,

Lorrain

Id love to find playmates for badminton from Siem Reap? :O

Hello there

is anyone still keen in playing badminton?
Im new to Phnom Penh and would love to play with someone who can play.

Hi! Is this group still active?

Where's badminton court near BKK1? Any suggestion?

Just for a start, the Olympic stadium has 8 courts to play on, other courts can be found at hotel Cambodiana , vip sports club and Cambodia country club.
Google them for details.

I have tracked a foreigner who started a badminton club 3 years ago, waiting for his reply, as soon as I know more I will post it here.

Joe

Got some more info. There is an expat club of badminton enthusiasts, their name is Phnom Penh Badminton Club, they play at the Olympic Stadium, near the south entrance (closing @ 8PM something) which has access to Sihanouk Blvd.
They used to play on Wednesday evenings.

Good luck!

Joe

Appreciate it Joe! Thanks a lot

Im gonna look around. Are they open for a new comer? Maybe i should greet them though

Go there on a Wednesday night and meet the people. They ae always happy to meet a newcomer, don't worry.

Good luck!

Joe

Is the badminton group still playing there now?

I would like to join any badminton games if there is any response from those already playing.

Go there tonight and see if they play....

Joe

Hi Joe
It is nice of you to provide such information.
Are you part of their group?
Any idea what is the cost like playing there. I am aware of the CCC.
What about the conditions of the badminton courts in Olympic Stadium and CCC?
Thanks

Why don't you go there, have a look and ask the people whatever you want to know?

I'm from the Expat.com team, trying to help people to find what they are looking for.

The rest you have to do yourself ;)

Good luck.

Joe
Cambodia expert
Expat.com team

Anyone interested in playing badminton in Phnom Penh, please send me a message.

Hi, I am going to Phnom Penh for a trainee in July 2018, also fond of playing badminton.
Is there anyone interested to play on sundays? Is there some sport association or club where we can play? It would be so great !

Anyone still interested in playing? Is the club still a thing and do they still train on wednesday evenings or at any other times too? Thanks for the info

To add here is another club in PP, open every day it says:

https://www.bookmesport.com/cambodia/ho … ton-club/0

Cheers

Joe

Phnom Penh as 3 new centres for badminton. 1. Is Central Park Sports. 2. XP badminton sports and 3. phnom Penh Badminton and sports at st 271. Pay a fee a day or a monthly fee.