To go to Riyadh or not ... ?

I've done my research! Promise! But still undecided about accepting a new job in Riyadh. I'm from the UK, currently live in Dubai. I love my life here (friends/coffee/outdoor stuff/beach...) but my job isn't great. I'm a single guy, and the compound I'll be staying in (Salwa Gardens) seems to be full of families.  Would I be making a big mistake moving to Riyadh?

Could any one tell about job openings in hospital administration in Riyadh/ or any where. In Saudi Arabia.... Very urgent. Please reply friends

Don't move to Riyadh .. You like water and you won't find sea there ..

Friends and coffee is here as well, while outdoor is limited and beach is kaput. So if you are more of an outdoor / beach guy , it will not be easy for you. However if your aim is to save some money then definitely this is the place,  while it lasts.

If I was you I'd rather stay in Dubai than moving to Saudi. the country has problem with its economy.

HRGuru wrote:

However if your aim is to save some money then definitely this is the place,  while it lasts.

If the currently rumored 10% income and 6% remittance taxes turn to reality, this image will diminish as well.

TheLegendLeads wrote:
HRGuru wrote:

However if your aim is to save some money then definitely this is the place,  while it lasts.

If the currently rumored 10% income and 6% remittance taxes turn to reality, this image will diminish as well.

So true,  and considering the state of the economy in KSA, my personal opinion for you would be to stay there itself.

with all others have said is RIGHT but one more thing. you will have lots of time to think about yourself and life, besides fun and only fun. might discover more .......

APOLOGOD wrote:

with all others have said is RIGHT but one more thing. you will have lots of time to think about yourself and life, besides fun and only fun. might discover more .......

Just to do that, there are ways easier than moving to KSA. :lol:

I'd stay where you are.

Salwa and the ex military types do arrange a bunch of social things, but it will get very old very quickly. The compound is a good 30 minutes from anywhere else, and the other side of the city if you want to attend any embassy events.

As a single man I'd stay in Dubai and stick out the job until another comes up. The illusion of "saving money in Saudi" is pretty much a myth, you'll spend more flying to Dubai twice a month.

mrthoth wrote:

I'd stay where you are.

Salwa and the ex military types do arrange a bunch of social things, but it will get very old very quickly. The compound is a good 30 minutes from anywhere else, and the other side of the city if you want to attend any embassy events.

As a single man I'd stay in Dubai and stick out the job until another comes up. The illusion of "saving money in Saudi" is pretty much a myth, you'll spend more flying to Dubai twice a month.

Good advice. Thank you.