Close

Romanian and Egytian Getting Married- What to do?

Hello Everybody,

hope everything is going well with you all :)

me and my fiance are planning to get married in here in cairo next week, she is Romanian and i am Egypt.  anyone can tell us what exactly to do! we already read a lot of hassle over internet regarding this matter.
what we know so far that we need No objection letter from embassy and romanian embassy need two  celibacy paper (for both of us).
what i want to know is.
she is christian, will the embassy give us paper to prove that ?
will she need stamp from momaga tahrir before getting married ?
do we need medical certificate for both of us ?
how long it takes ?
anyone know authorized translation (Romanian) in cairo ?

sorry for the long post

Thanks, :)

Hello magdoc_2   :cheers:

Congratulations! You can find several threads who have covered this issue in our following forum section :

> Formalities and procedures in Egypt

Wish you all the best :top:

Regards
Kenjee
Expat.com

hey there , i am the embassy lawyer and im dealing with same cases
first you should get married , madany,or orfy then you legalize your marriage at shar el akary
then you will be married infrom of egypt laws.
in case you need in romania to be accepted your marrigae you should visit the embassy and asks for the needed docs
as i know
after finishing all documents with embassy , she returns to romania and go to immigration office pta romana
and issue for you an invitation and you go their for vacation and after you will have a resident id as married for one year .
dont worry its easy .
just get a civil marriage  and then go to embassy and ask  for the proceedures to have your marriage legal infront of the romanian laws
deeper than that if she is a muslem she will have some rights here more than  being a crisitian , in inheritance cases cause un fortuntly christian do not inherit a muslem
best of luck
get her a visa for three month and dont let her to break th evisa
and when u will get married make her a resident visa for one year
when you will get a baby apply for her a visa for five years
and so on untill she will have a 15 years visa
thats the law
cheers

thanks fady
i will keep u posted

Fady fawzy :

hey there , i am the embassy lawyer and im dealing with same cases
first you should get married , madany,or orfy then you legalize your marriage at shar el akary
then you will be married infrom of egypt laws.
in case you need in romania to be accepted your marrigae you should visit the embassy and asks for the needed docs
as i know
after finishing all documents with embassy , she returns to romania and go to immigration office pta romana
and issue for you an invitation and you go their for vacation and after you will have a resident id as married for one year .
dont worry its easy .
just get a civil marriage  and then go to embassy and ask  for the proceedures to have your marriage legal infront of the romanian laws
deeper than that if she is a muslem she will have some rights here more than  being a crisitian , in inheritance cases cause un fortuntly christian do not inherit a muslem
best of luck
get her a visa for three month and dont let her to break th evisa
and when u will get married make her a resident visa for one year
when you will get a baby apply for her a visa for five years
and so on untill she will have a 15 years visa
thats the law
cheers

hi fady,
thanks for ur prompt response.
we got married last week in ministry of justice. gladly it wasn't that difficult but now we have another problem. that to register our marriage in romania they need me to make declaration at notry office that our marriage is applicable in egyptian law, when i went to the notary they said we have do such a thing. and we can't register it in Romanian embassy because she is not living in egypt!
now our only option is to get Romanian visa and go with her to civil status office and sign some paper there! and it is so difficult
any idea what should we do ?

thanks,

Either makes her a legal stay in egypt,either you get a way to romania and it's costs.
Or either call and we talk in details of how to get to an answer to all points.
Fady

Expatriate health insurance in Egypt

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Egypt

Moving to Egypt

Find tips from professionals about moving to Egypt

Travel insurance in Egypt

Enjoy a stress-free travel across Egypt

Flights to Egypt

Find the best prices for your flight tickets to Egypt