Case processing for family reunification applied in Norway

Hello. I just wanna ask if how many months do I have to wait for my application of family immigration?  It says that the case processing takes usually 4 months. I applied here in Norway by the way. I feel anxious since I haven't heard anything from it.  My last update was 2 months ago about my laboratory test to be forwarded to police. Can somebody share their experiences to enlighten me.

@Beleme What kind of laboratory  test they do?

Blood test and chest x-ray. I haven't heard from UDI after that

Think case processing time varies depending on nationality.

@ray123254 I am a Filipina sir

Hi are you already in Norway

Hei,

Does anyone can give me advice eller idea? I applied a family reunification last Febuary 28, 2017 here in Norway. Until now I`m still waiting for the result, and I`m scared if it takes too long cause I already started go to norkkurs and my principal in school always asked about my papers. By the way my residence permit card for fiance is already expire, what should I do? Please help me with your ideas and advice...

Thank you

You are a valid resident until u get the answer if u r waiting for a response. So until u get reply u r fine. Sometime it takes time and i hope it will be fine.

Thank you so much for sharing your idea:-):-):-)

Hi everyone after the interview how many days got the result? Thanks

Hi everyone I just wanted to share about my papers for family reunification. I applied last Feb. 28,2017 here in Norway and March 3,2017 I got a letter from Politi that they received my papers but I don`t  received any mails from my account .Until now I`m still waiting for result..

@glendora..mine took 1.5 mos, no need to worry you will receive godkjent soon ;)..i started my norskurs after i received approval of my reunification because i need to pay if i cannot show them the paper from UDI.

@karen_30 good to hear that :) ,..they are so kind to me cause they let me in for norkkurs,...but of course I`m so worried cause my principal always ask about my paper, by the way thank you @karen_30

Are you paying for the norskkurs?

No, I don`t pay anything.

Hello everyone, After my husband entervied last April 25 ,2017 friday i got an email from UDI to inform that they recieved back my app. From politi. And today i got email and steted Dear applicant

Your application for a residence permit is still waiting to be processed

Please note that the case processing time may have changed since you submitted your application. You will always find an up-to-date case processing time for your kind of application on www.udi.no/time.

If we need any information not mentioned in the check list for family immigration, we will notify you or your family member (the reference person).

Have any experience like this??

That is the common email that applicants receive when their application is forwarded to UDI. It means it might take some time(example: 2 months or above) before you get the result.

Hei guyz,

Thank you so much my paper is finally approved. I received a letter from politi that my paper is OK. Thank you so much guyz for your ideas and advices. 2 months and 25 days worth waiting for,..:-):-):-)...God Bless You!!...

Your so Lucky Congrats.. mine im still waiting till now its going to 8 months no result yet. My husband called UDI said is still beeing process. I dont really understand.

@KityyM123,.Thank you..
Hope your papers will be ok..

Hopefully.. Thank you 😊

Where did you submit your application?

Hi Everyone i got email today from UDI stated

Dear applicant

Your application for a residence permit is still waiting to be processed

Please note that the case processing time may have changed since you submitted your application. You will always find an up-to-date case processing time for your kind of application on www.udi.no/time.

If we need any information not mentioned in the check list for family immigration, we will notify you or your family member (the reference person).

We have registered your date of birth as

Please use your reference number (DUF-number) if you need to contact the Directorate of Immigration (UDI) or the police.

It is not possible to reply to this e-mail. If you need more information, please see our website: www.udi.no

Best regards,
the UDI
Its already 8 months of wating no result yet.. its  really steessing me out for waiting so long.. the only i can do is to pray always thats i can get the result fast.

Hi Everyone have any experience to travel tourist to Norway while waiting the result  Residence Permit Thanks.

@KityyM123, that's what I'm wondering too but is it even possible to apply for a tourist visa while waiting for the result of your other application? Also, didn't you submit your passport together with your documents in the embassy? i did with mine.

My passport at the Embassy too.. i dont know if they forwarded also  together with the application to UDI Norway

Hi Kitty! Are you in Norway or in your home country? As far as I know you cannot travel back to Norway while waiting for your family reunification visa.

Hi alina4384 Im here in my country now in Cebu.. im stil  waiting for the result. My husband  call UDI two times this month.. to follow up  they have different answers  firsts said that probably end this month or july i got the result. Then my husband called again UDI said need to wait 1 and halff year to wait. So meaning  we need to wait that before made the decission.... as far as i know processing case maximum 6 months.   BTW. Do i need to send the Power of Attorney of granting form to Authorize my hubasband to follow up my residence permit. Becuse when I submitted i did not sign power of Attorney form. Thanks.

I mean when i was submitted my application i did not submitted the form of power of Attorney. I was really confused.

I just checked Norge embassy in Manila :

Processing time
Applications for residence permits are normally processed by the Norwegian Directorate of Immigration. You will find information about their processing time on UDI's website.

However, the Embassy in Manila processes several types of residence permits. Please find information on our case processing times below:

au pair – one month;
family immigration with minors or parents – two weeks;
family immigration with spouse and fiancé (those who are getting married in Norway) – two months;
study permits for regular studies, folk high schools and religion-based schools – two weeks;
work permits for skilled workers and seasonal workers – one week.

Power of attorney / Authorisation
If you want someone to act on your behalf in connection with your application, you must authorise this person to do so. This person can for example be your employer, a family member or another person who you trust.
What does it mean to authorise someone?
The person who you authorise

can call the UDI and talk to us on your behalf
will have right of access to information about your case
will receive enquiries from the immigration authorities about your case
will receive the decision in your case once the case has been considered and have to notify you of the decision.
If you authorise someone, this person, and not you, will be contacted by the immigration authorities about matters concerning your case.

How do you authorise someone when you hand in the application?
It is easiest to authorise someone when you hand in the application.

If you register your application at the Application Portal, you will receive a Power of attorney form by email together with your cover letter, which you can fill in. Please bring it when you are going to hand in the application at the embassy or the police.
If you cannot use the Application Portal, you can fill in the Power of attorney form (pdf, 684 kB) and bring it when you are going to hand in the application at the embassy or the police.
How do you authorise someone after you have handed in the application?
If you did not hand in a Power of attorney form when you handed in the application, you can do so now.

Fill in the Power of attorney form (pdf, 684 kB). Remember to sign the form.
Make a copy of your passport (the page with personal information and signature) or other valid identification document where your signature is visible.
Send the form and a copy of your identification document to the UDI.
How do you authorise someone after you have handed in the application for protection?
If you did not hand in a Power of attorney form when you handed in the application for protection, you can do so now.

Fill in the Power of attorney form (pdf, 684 kB). Remember to sign the form.
Make a copy of your passport (the page with personal information and signature) or other valid identification document where your signature is visible.
Send the form and a copy of your identification document as attachements in an e-mail to [email protected]. Write “Power of attorney” as the subject of the e-mail to ensure rapid registration.

SOURCE LINK:

https://www.udi.no/en/word-definitions/ … risation-/

Hello everyone am mabel and I really want some help😊I have been working as an aupair in Denmark but my now am contract is getting finished soon. Am engaged to nowergian man and how we have two options one is to apply for a fiancé visa or get married here in Denmark and then go apply for a family reunion permit in Norway. So what am is the best solution and what could be easier looking forward thank u so much

Sent my application to politi for family reunification : July 27, 2017
Received the approval letter (email): August 12, 2017 
Now enrolled in norskurs spring class. yehey!

I think your Norwegian guy know the system and find the way forward.

Hello, is there anyone here got engaged in a short span of time? Me and my fiancé(Norwegian) got engaged on our 2nd month and we are planning to apply fiancé visa on our 7month(we will be going to the Philippines  and apply there because i am working here in Qatar and he's in Norway) is there a chance that they will deny it coz of short span as bf/gf? Thanks for the response 😊

you need to convience that you fall in love and gonna marry with him. lool

Hi everyone, I just got email from udi and my fam reunification is granted.
I just wodering guys do i need to wait the decision letter from udi via post before i can order residence card at politi  or i can just print out the email and order residence card now?

Thanks.

lonelysoulseeker wrote:

Hi everyone, I just got email from udi and my fam reunification is granted.
I just wodering guys do i need to wait the decision letter from udi via post before i can order residence card at politi  or i can just print out the email and order residence card now?

Thanks.

Congrats! Yup, you can book an appointment in the udi self service portal already for ordering the residence card.

Hi Good evening :) wanted to ask how long was the process until your visa got approve :)

takkk og takk

Gratulere by the way :)!!!! Im still waiting for my papers. Hope it turns out okay :(