Unbearable !!!!

Hello all,

I can never believe that you do spend this boring life just the way it is.
Do you guys just let the days control you? Do you like being under pressure for all the week days and do nothing in the weekend?

It's been almost a week here and I am kinda be driven crazy.

This is not what i expected how life would be boring here in Riyad.

Is there any kind of activities you regularly do out here?

plz let me in.

thanks,

Sobhy :)

Guess it depends on perspective, an enthusiastic and energetic mind always finds ways to engage itself socially and personally.

you live in Riyadh and u're complaining -and you've only been there a week? have u even explored the city? gone 5 blocks north 5 blocks south east or west? how can one be bored in less than a week is beyond me.  there is so many parks to visit, malls, museums - go the gym, buy a bike, check out random street art, visit the mamlika, go bowl, get in the taxi and tell em to take you to a souq, go to Diplomatic quarters, go to the gym, go get a book to read, swim...  the list is ongoing, you probably have little interests /hobbies to begin with.... i only visited riyadh for a week and hadn't even done half the things i set out to do...

rareshine wrote:

you live in Riyadh and u're complaining -and you've only been there a week? have u even explored the city? gone 5 blocks north 5 blocks south east or west? how can one be bored in less than a week is beyond me.  there is so many parks to visit, malls, museums - go the gym, buy a bike, check out random street art, visit the mamlika, go bowl, get in the taxi and tell em to take you to a souq, go to Diplomatic quarters, go to the gym, go get a book to read, swim...  the list is ongoing, you probably have little interests /hobbies to begin with.... i only visited riyadh for a week and hadn't even done half the things i set out to do...

I second you  :top:

rareshine wrote:

Spot on.

Any expat or tourist in a new country needs an open mind and a willingness to wander around with an intent to find out what makes a place tick.
I've been 'on holiday' for 9 years so far and still can't wait for my next free day so I can get out and explore yet another new area of my chosen country.

Shameless thread advertising

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.p … 573#527221

First, wander around a bit, but no it ain't Dubai and yes compared to most places in the world this country as a whole is damn boring and Ive been around it a bit. Take up reading, writing a novel, go to grad school. It's not party central and yes access to females compared to any other place is is a bit limited as a whole. If you're going nuts now, give it a few months. Did you read anyone's reviews of this place before you hopped on a plane and came here? Better find something quick or I give you about a few more weeks here and you'll be back to wherever you came from.

if you are bored, you're not being creative enough.

rareshine wrote:

i guess... he wanted some movie halls, bars, alcoholism, dating, etc.... different people have different definitions of interests/hobbies...  :D:D

jokes apart.... where and what is mamlika?

architectG wrote:

if you are bored, you're not being creative enough.

A tad harsh, but probably true to a level.
When I first moved, I lived in a tiny village with nothing around .. then I opened my eyes.

Find the right connections for you not to get bored. Try to be active in your embassy that for sure has lots of events. In my cased, it took me three  months to have a social life here in Riyadh, reach out with the local which is a good companion in roaming around the city.
Good luck. I hope that you will enjoy your stay as like what others expats do.

Ciao!

mamlaka,  burj al mamlaka - the kindom tower

rareshine wrote:

mamlaka,  burj al mamlaka - the kindom tower

O I C....  :)

azfar789 wrote:

i guess... he wanted some movie halls, bars, alcoholism, dating, etc.... different people have different definitions of interests/hobbies...  :D:D

even those are possible....

hamudi wrote:
azfar789 wrote:

even those are possible....

:thanks::thanks::thanks:

You can skip at least  one activity of your bucket list: learning Arabic  :lol:

When I was in Riyadh for a month, all I did was, roam around in my car aimlessly, see places, I remembered the map, honestly speaking, for a single guy, without company, there is not much to do. If you're in a hotel, hit the gym after work, do sauna and steam baths, watch a movie and call it a day.

azfar789 wrote:
rareshine wrote:

easy man... easy ... Don't just be judgmental and try to put your definition. :)
What I mean is getting out of the mood. People can't live only working or even doing one simple activity in their whole life. If there is a kind of change in the life so you break what's called ROUTINE.

cheers :)

Mr.Sobhy wrote:
azfar789 wrote:
rareshine wrote:

easy man... easy ... Don't just be judgmental and try to put your definition. :)
What I mean is getting out of the mood. People can't live only working or even doing one simple activity in their whole life. If there is a kind of change in the life so you break what's called ROUTINE.

cheers :)

When I came here last year... I experienced almost the same . Making friends is also not an easy task here. I am an Indian, and for the first time, I was out of India. When I left India I thought I will meet Indians and they will make friends in office. But the story was entirely different here. Everyone works in his own shell. And no one was interested in being familiar.

Then, I bought a DSLR and started learning photography.  :D.. I had no car so I found people who could take me to places (I took their pix too  ;) )You can also find some way where you could discover new you. I usually go for photo walks. If you are interested you can come with me during weekends. :)

if there's football in egypt, then you will find football in Riyad every day and night.

you can play football. you can watch football in cafes.
you can do many things with your own community or join other nationalities groups.

Cheers. U are so right

Even those are possible ???? :unsure

Suggest me a place to shoot

Try to make new Friends expats and Saudi and you'll enjoy the life here in Riyadh unless you have things in mind that are not allowed here in Riyadh like Cinema or Bars(liquor)

Cinema you can hang out with some of your new frends buy something to eat and i'm sure it will be great.   Try the cafe's instead since no Bars here hehehe!