how can i avail a child benefit in Germany

in year 2008 i gave birth to a boy. he is 8 yo now. the father is a German national who where also acknowledge our son. My question guys is how would i know if our son register in germany? how can i avail child benefit if were living in the Philippines? does Germany embassy on the Philippines accept applications for this case. ty

Try posting your question of the German forum also.


Ty. Tee jay

My info is a bit dated so please confirm/double check all that I am saying.  When I lived in Germany (Nuremberg), there were different types of birth certificates many of my American friends obtained for their half German/American babies. 

Make sure you understand what type you need.  Each country has it's own set of steps and rules to follow and it is best to always check with non-Phil parent's countrys' embassy in Manila.


Germany authorities will issue an "Apostilles" which is only in German.

Therefore, it seems you will need an "International birth certificate" that will include:  German, English, French, Italian, Dutch, Polish, Portuguese, Serbo-Croatian, Spanish and Turkish. All of this assumes a 30-day timely report of birth as the typical German insistence of on-time reporting continues. 

In your case, with an 8 year old child that has not been reported to the German authorities will result in the need for an "Affidavit of Delayed Registration of Birth" and an "Affidavit of Two Disinterested Persons".  I don't know the details of these documents but you should get all info from the German Consulate General of the Philippines office.

I think your cost will be about P4000 and take about 6 months.  In case the German government may or may not accept all documents from the Philippines you may want to download and print out this 2015 pdf from the German Embassy, Manila. … n_engl.pdf

For anyone wondering about this topic for an American expat with a Fil-AM baby, just look up the requirements and get the "Consular Reports of Birth Abroad (CRBA) and Adult Derivative Citizenship application"

Best wishes

Thanks calif for additional info about this matter.  So helpful to me. Yeah i need to visit Germany embassy in ph.ty

New topic