Any ideas / partners for a new business?

Friends, I have lived in Mauritius since 2003 and have practically grown up on the island. I am an Indian and arrived to study for what was supposed to be 5 years, but carried on to stay on after my course got over because of the love that I developed for the island. I feel more at home there than in my 'hometown'.

Unfortunately, the decade-long dream holiday came to an end when I left Mauritius to pursue higher education in the UK. During my stay, I could not apply for a permanent residency or a citizenship and no, as suggested by many, I did not marry a Mauritian girl only to get a citizen status. No offence here, I'm not implying that Mauritian girls aren't nice, they're amazing, but it just didn't happen - so that option is struck out.

Now, I want to return to Mauritius and since I am an MBA graduate, I am looking at various opportunities to start a new fast moving and thriving business that would enable me to permanently settle down in Mauritius.

I was wondering if you guys could suggest a few good ideas that are low on investment requirements? I am also open to the idea of a partnership for any opportunities that you might suggest.

Cheers!

Hi
In what are you willing to invest and what are your studies about?

I can give you some ideas but I need to know what are your preferences.

Pascal

Thank you for your reply Pascal.
I am a medical doctor and have an MBA.

So, I guess it would be sensible to start something in healthcare, though I am open to other suggestions as well.

Try to get in touch with Appollo Bramwell or Fortis Darné here. You will have the references on internet.

docindie wrote:

Unfortunately, the decade-long dream holiday came to an end when I left Mauritius to pursue higher education in the UK. During my stay, I could not apply for a permanent residency or a citizenship and no, as suggested by many, I did not marry a Mauritian girl only to get a citizen status. No offence here, I'm not implying that Mauritian girls aren't nice, they're amazing, but it just didn't happen - so that option is struck out.

Good to know because as far as I know Mauritian girls are human beings and not 'walking passports' to 'smuggle' people in! ;)

That said, if you want to start a business, first you will have to look at the conditions imposed by the government on foreigners willing to start any activity on the island. Depends also if you want to start a business as a self-employed or as an investor.

Therefore, I would suggest you get into contact with the Board of Investment to learn about the process.

http://www.investmauritius.com/