Saudi Law about Accomodation Allowance??

I am working in a company and my wife is working in an other comapny.

now at the renwal of her contract her company is forcing her to either withdraw her accomodation alowance as her husband is taking the housing allowance from his company or let them bring the letter from the husband's company stating that he is not eligible of getting house allowance, so they will provide her housing(not allowance).

I just want to ask that in saudi labour law is there any clause or condition allowing the sponser to do so. and if not what the employee can do at his/her end.

ashan tirmazi wrote:

I am working in a company and my wife is working in an other comapny.

now at the renwal of her contract her company is forcing her to either withdraw her accomodation alowance as her husband is taking the housing allowance from his company or let them bring the letter from the husband's company stating that he is not eligible of getting house allowance, so they will provide her housing(not allowance).

I just want to ask that in saudi labour law is there any clause or condition allowing the sponser to do so. and if not what the employee can do at his/her end.

No offence but her company sounds crazy to me.  :huh:

If you and your wife are under different sponsorship then each company should pay the housing or allowance . However if you are under the same sponsor then they can argue on this and pay only for one. Is your wife under their sponsorship ? If so and if they are not providing accommodation then they have to give an allowance. There is no specific clause under the law that stipulates a suitable accommodation or allowance should be paid for each employee. However, Part 6: Article 92-94 protects the existing wage of a worker from any unreasonable deductions that are not justified.