Moving and getting married in Pakistan

Well, Actually, I want to make this a bit clear.

Maybe Pakistanis or other people who are not raised in muslim family and country will think that Pakistani cultire is "Religous or the culture according to Islam".

But for me and other women who were raised in modern muslim family, found that Pakistani culture is the culture which influenced by Indian culture and Taliban. (I know not all Pakistanis will agree with what I am saying).

1. Honor killing (Islam never teaches  to kill the women in the name of honor). In pakistan and India more than hundreds women were killed every year in the name of honor.

2. Eid prayer. In Pakistan there are bery less mosques which provide a place for women to pray Eid (Islamic celebration). Most of women in Pakistan perform Eid prayer in their houses. While in Saudi Arabia, Australia, Europe, USA and Indonesia, most of muslim women go to the mosque to pray and celebrate Eid. Meanwhile in Pakistan, most Pakistani families prefer to keep the women in the house and pray Eid by thier self and they said that Eid prayer is not compulsory for women or the will say that women are better to pray in thier houses.

But, According to the authentic hadith, The prophet commanded to all women to come to the mosque in Eid and alert the husbands to not stop their wives for visiting mosques.

3. Pakistani family system. I found some cases when the Pakistani husbands defend theie families rather than their wives even though the wives are right. And in some cases, some Pakistani husbands also give the salary to their mothers not their wives.

And Islam teaches that Muslim men have responsibility not only to their parents but also to their wives and kids. The responsibilities toward wives are not only Feeding and clothing but also take care of their needs (if they want to buy something--giving them money)

4. Husband's money and business. I found that some Pakistani husbands don't like if their wives talking about their money and businesses/jobs.

But we can find in Islamic literatures that some Muslim wives at that time helped to take care their husband's businesses. And the prophet's wife Khadija also had business and later on, they run the business together.

Most Pakistanis will say that, "this is Islamic culture" but for some muslim people who are not Pakistani might think that the culture is not Islamic culture.

That's why Pakistani culture is not only surprise the non-muslim wives but also the muslim wives who are not Pakistani.

I know when I say this a lot of Pakistanis will get insulted as they have some issue with India, but I think Pakistani culture is more likely to get influenced by Indian culture. and they cover it with Islam.

And in some Pakistani conservative muslim families, I can say that they seem to get influenced by Taliban in afghanistan. Like their prefer to send their daughters to madrasah which also happened to Afghani families.

I know a lot of Pakistani will disagree with what I have written here. But I also think that most Pakistanis seem can't admit the facts easily what happened in their societies that's why most of Pakistani guys won't explain in details why thier future wives need to change.

They just say "you need to change", "Our cultures are different", "Will be hard for you to live in Pakistan"  but they don't explain in details till the wives need to figure it by thier self or someone else tell them.

Be brave:) wish You happiness

Hello Laila,

You asked " Getting married in Pakistan" meaning both the bride and groom are in Pakistan.

You only need a national identity card if you are a Pakistani national.

If you are a foreign national, you need to explain if you are on a work permit or business or student visa. :)

passport

It depend on your relationship,if your relationship are strong and he love you so much I think Pakistan is the best one in the world where you can easily lives with your partner anywhere without any racial discrimination.. Remember Pakistani people so thirsty of love..And know respect of women.. you say I embrace Islam then there is no issues..Just chill.. merreid and enjoy your life..
Best of luck.

It seems you all are opiniated and bias and this thread makes no sense whatsoever.
Unless you are in or from Pakistan is best you don't advise as Is not factual.
Pakistan is not as backward a country as is suggested and all depends on the education and backgrounds. Trying to pretend or deceive families is pathetic.

Hello.I'm looking for some insight on living in Lahore as a foreigner.
My Pakistani boyfriend and I are discussing the future of our relationship after dating for 1year, and he states that at some point in the future he sees himself moving back to Pakistan. I am a well educated professional, divorced and have a 3.5 year old. He is the eldest son and also very attached to his culture/country. He is very concerned that if I accept to move back with him as time comes, it might be dangerous for me as a foreigner (i.e kidnapping, bombs, attacks etc.) I have never been there and I don't think I could decide just like that on whether I would be willing to move there or not, especially with a daughter. However, I also don't want to deprive him from being close to his family, being there for them, like he was raised to be. I am looking to see if anyone can provide some insight on that (personal experience, statistics etc) They are from Lahore

The other concern is that I am not Muslim, but I do originally come from a largely Muslim country and have some decent exposure to some of the religion. His family is still grasping the thought of me not being Muslim, they have no idea that I am divorced and have a child. My boyfriend is religious however his family is more religious and conservative than him. My boyfriend is very accepting of my daughter (they have never met as I don't want her to get attached before we know for sure that we will get married.) His family is from upper middle class, which doesn't mean much to me because I'm not very familiar with the whole layers of the classes in Pakistani society, my assumption however was that they would be slightly less conservative than the rest of the society. Based on the their response to me not being a Muslim (the mother had offered to find him a wife, don't know if I should laugh or cry,) I am not expecting a very positive response to them finding out about my divorce and my daughter. My boyfriend thinks that it's best done in stages, so I'm letting him handle that.

I'm not opposed to converting to Islam, once I have studied the religion and if I find that it is a good path for me to follow than I would be happy to practise it and convert. 

However, I am not willing to marry my boyfriend if his family doesn't accept me and more importantly my daughter. From personal experiences or stories of friends/family, what are the odds of a family accepting a daughter in law with a child and non Muslim? I'm guessing they are lowwww.

Hai @Anisa90

It will be long explanation about your situation as non muslim foreigner and also about Lahore.

If you have whatsapp number just pleas INBOX me you number, I will invite you to our whatsapp group.

Thank you. Done

Please don't consider relationships with someone inside Pakistan, unless you yourself are from a equally broken country. Specially if you are western and your country does not have much religious values, you are more than strongly advised to stay away. The fact of the matter stands that 70 percent of the population isn't really educated and do not even know what basic human rights are. Those living in islamabad are more educated to some extent and less conservative.

The person's family will strongly disapprove of a foreign marriage in most cases and specially you'll be forced into a culture and religion. Women are seen as tissues over here as the fact stands. Men are control freaks and require every women to be virgin, women are discouraged from working jobs, honor killed, and when sexual abuse happens, the victim is supposed to be responsible. It is a culture of extreme harm and misogyny fully of depraved people.

Pakistani society lives on ignorance. Any sort of criticism and facts are ignored, the whole situation is so messed up that they have their ego's so much that they think it's all fine and also drugs.

Children get openly sexually abused here, the abusers admit it themselves openly. Do you think they treat women any better?

Miss ASeya can I join to your what's up group.. tnx

Hi. I just got merried in pakistan was very easy . You just need a lawyer and your documents like passport birth certificate. I think he pay around $300.00 dollars

Waw, happy to see that, well there is no racial discrimination in Pakistan. In fact, there is a lot of respect for minorities. You can live happily there.  :)

Moderated by Diksha 4 years ago
Reason : External, promotional link
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct