RD expat vs Countries of Caribbaen area

How do you feel RD quality/cost of life versus other countries in the area?

This is as much as I know - Your knowledge is welcome. I think RD still beats all of them in quality of life versus cost of living.

- CUBA
very few expats. Impossible to raise a business because of communist economy. Country poorer than RD. Lack of basic consumption goods. Even for a cell phone you need authorization from Government.

- JAMAICA
More expensive than RD and high delinquency rates.

- PANAMA
Expensive cost of living. Quality of life better than RD. Attracts lots of people mainly for retirement.

- French Antilles
Very expensive.  Everything or almost imported from France. Life standard higher than RD.

- COSTA RICA
No idea...

- PUERTO RICO
Very expensive and high delinquency rates.

- Aruba / Curaçao
Very small but high standard of living. Very connected to Netherlands.

- Haiti
No worth to mention..

- Belize
No idea..

Interesting.  I have nothing to add to the discussion.

Since I have only investigated and lived here I cannot comment other that Costa Rica did intrigue us the couple of times we have visited.

Bob K

I have been intrigued by Panama but cost of living is considerably higher than RD (source Panama cost of living in this Board/Panama expat).

I admit it is a very wide topic and difficult to find people who can really give a feedback which is better/more expensive/less expensive.

It always depends on specifics - area, lifestyle, needs etc.

I can say it is less expensive to which and file for residencia here then many other places!