Butcher shops in Kuala Lumpur

I'm looking for a good butcher shop in kl. I tend to use a lot of bones in cooking, and i need a shop that sells not only bones but a wider variation of red meat (although the priority would be bones). Any suggestions, anyone?

You would have to go to the wet markets for fresh bone/ meat. If you are staying in Mont Kiara area, the nearest wet market would be at Taman Tun Dr Ismail. Anywhere else in city center would be Selayang Wet Market. There are a few morning markets which serves fresh meat/bones. If you dislike wet markets, KLCC Isetan has a butcher section.

Yes the wet markets would be my recommendation. I know the one at Chow Kit and the one at the side of Jalan Petaling. There is also one along Old Klang Road. Probably you can find one close to where you live.

Yes, the wet markets. But the only one I've been to in a long time is Dato Keramat. I don't recommend going to that one. It was supposed to be torn down about 3-4 years ago, but the vendors refuse to move to the new one.

Having moved here from Brunei, i don't have a problem with wet markets, albeit the red meat section of the one we used to visit over there was pretty revolting; it looked like nobody had run a hose over the floor for a decade. Still, this is all good info, as well as a good excuse for exploring more of town. I'll try and look into some of these locations.

In that case, I'd probably give the one at Jalan Petaling a miss, it really stinks. Actually I used to walk through that place as a short cut form the carpark to China Town and I still remember how stinky it was.

Not sure if they have what you're looking for, but Lee's Frozen has a fresh meat section and it's a lot cleaner than the wet markets. They're at No. 62 & 64, Jalan Rotan Off Jalan Kampung Attap.

That sounds promising; will definitely check it out; thanks for the heads-up.