Visa questions: BF studying in KL, I want to move there with him

Hello everybody,

I need your advice. My boyfriend is planning on doing his MBA at Asia Pacific University starting in October. The MBA will take about 1.5 years (he'll get a student visa, so on that side, everything's fine). I would love to come with him, but I don't know how I should get a visa.

We have our own little company I'm planning on working for (and if that doesn't fill my day, I'd like to work as a virtual assistant). Moreover, I'd like to travel quite a bit and see as much of South-East Asia as possible. As I'll have enough to do with our company and travelling working in KL is not really an option (and I've also read that it's really hard to find a job for foreigners. I'm in Retail Consulting, specialized in Neuromarketing with 3 years experience. It'd be hard to find something, right?)

We're not too keen on getting married for the sake of a visa. And in Germany (where we're from) unfortunately there's no such thing as a "Common law marriage".

I've thought about going to a language school and learn Bahasa Malaysia or Mandarin, but I was told that the classes have to be every day and at least 4 hrs in order to be eligible for a student visa. That way I wouldn't be able to work as much as I would like to (and travelling might not be possible as well).

Last but not least, there's MM2H. However I don't think I could spare RM 150,000 for 2 years (we have the money, but we need it to live in KL for those 1.5 years).

Is there anything else I could to go get a visa? Visa runs won't really work for 1.5 years, right? Could our company "employ" me maybe? I'm not registered as founder/chairman.

Thanks in advance,

Questions and answers about visas

Ask your question
How can get Indonesian visa
By kaif001
regarding EP cat1 visa cencelation
By rashidchow
Income tax for a Professional Visit Pass.
By krritika
Ringgit Fluctuations MM2H
By Archon007
social visit
By Kerishina

Expatriate health insurance in Kuala Lumpur

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Kuala Lumpur

Moving to Kuala Lumpur

Find tips from professionals about moving to Kuala Lumpur

Travel insurance in Kuala Lumpur

Enjoy a stress-free travel across Kuala Lumpur

Flights to Kuala Lumpur

Find the best prices for your flight tickets to Kuala Lumpur