US Presidential Debate view party

Going to be in Budapest during the 10/19 US Presidential debate.  Was wondering whether there was going to be a viewing party somewhere.

People have parties to watch that stuff?

They also have drinking games debatedrinking.com/#

It can be fun, you meet new people.  Remember being in San Miguel Adende, Mex for the GW Bush election night with the local Democratic Club.  It was fun being around people to commiserate with than watching in hotel room. 

OMG
I can think of far better things to do with strangers in a hotel room than watch two useless loonies who are only in it for cash play stupid word games on TV.

Fred wrote:

OMG
I can think of far better things to do with strangers in a hotel room than watch two useless loonies who are only in it for cash play stupid word games on TV.

Some people have a different view on this than you do. Many people are interested in how those who may run their country act in a debate. Politics and diplomacy are often word games, so it matters to them. And watching a debate can bring up more interesting topics of conversations with other people than, say, just seeing a movie together.

And the POTUS makes $400,000 a year. Someone with equivalent skills makes orders of magnitude more in the private sectors. Nobody does this only for the cash.

I am 100% not interested in voting this year.
What I dislike is everyone I know in the US who is on FB has something to say about each candidate.
One side is for Trump and the other for Hillary.
I would personally rather see Micky Mouse in office then either of them.
I swear out of over 300 million people those two clowns are the best we can offer the public?
What a scam, what a crying shame!
I would only vote on legalizing pot and locking up animal abusers to the full extent of the law.
Voting in this election is like choosing to be shot or hanged, nothing good will come of either of these clowns in office.

It strikes me America has a choice between a useless twit out for cash and power and an incompetent twit out for cash and power.

I'd sooner watch water boil whilst having toothpicks forced under my fingernails.

Still, have fun.

klsallee wrote:

Many people are interested in how those who may run their country act in a debate.

From what I've seen, like a pair of nut jobs that escaped from an asylum.
A man who seems to want sex with his daughter seems to be a bad idea, and a woman stupid enough to send top secret messages using unsecured communications is hardly better.

One has a slightly better haircut.

To be clear; I support neither, but I do have equal contempt for both.

Fred wrote:

To be clear; I support neither, but I do have equal contempt for both.

Thanks for your input.

I think we all got it. An English Expat living in Indonesia will not be coming to a US Presidential debate party in Budapest Hungary.  :cool:

Think happy thoughts.
My shock and surprise that anyone would want to watch two useless idiots arguing  is likely to have increased the thread's views, meaning vast hordes of people will to invite you to these popular parties.

Fred wrote:

Think happy thoughts .....  two useless idiots

:/

tesh11 wrote:

Going to be in Budapest during the 10/19 US Presidential debate.  Was wondering whether there was going to be a viewing party somewhere.

I think this is a great meet up idea. Expat meet ups are always good and should be encouraged in a positive way by everyone.

Sadly I will not be in Budapest on Monday.

And sorry you have not gotten any positive replies from anyone here indicating they can participate.

But if you got positive feedback elsewhere, feel free to post when and where the meet up will be. Some here may decide at the last minute to attend.

And maybe post it as a new thread, so people do not have to sift through the above commentary.  :D:top:

Thanks for the message.  Nope I haven't found anyone interested.  Will post on another thread if something comes up.  Annoys me when a question I put gets hijacked.  But I guess there are curmudgeons all over the world.

:lol:

Tesh11

This one is past, but they will hold a viewing for the next debate as well.

Thanks, Can't believe I didn't think of contacting the Democratic Club.

Chair person's email doesn't work.  Will see what they are doing for third debate.

Thanks

I received a response from the regional chair. He reconfigured the email, so it should work now.

I have been posting info about the debates, but they keep deleting my posts. check the website or write the chair.

BudaBaB wrote:

I have been posting info about the debates, but they keep deleting my posts. check the website or write the chair.

Because adverts, contact details, external links and party politics are not allowed.
Your posts break all the above rules, so they get deleted by whoever sees them first.

Where in the forum rules says that you can't post about an upcoming event?  What are you a Trump supporter?

tesh11 wrote:

Where in the forum rules says that you can't post about an upcoming event?  What are you a Trump supporter?

Upcoming events should be posted in the EVENTS section

tesh11 wrote:

Party politics, mine or yours, don't matter.
The advert and FB links (contact details) break the rules.
It makes no difference if it's Trump or Clinton, the rules are the same for both lots.

Unfortunately I saw this too late. Although the 3am viewing time wouldn't have worked for me, I did watch first thing in the morning and spent a fair amount of time listening to podcast analysis afterwards. This election seems to get people riled, but I find it completely fascinating.  Maybe an election viewing party? Are you interested in any of the state elections?

check out Democrats Abroad Budapest. I believe they are having a party the day after. They have had them before. Watch out for talking politics on this forum as the forum police don't like it & will delete your post.

tesh11 wrote:

Watch out for talking politics on this forum as the forum police don't like it & will delete your post.

No politics because politics causes fights.
Even deleting a post that smashes forum rules gets me accused of being a trump supporter, even though I can't stand the sight of either him or Clinton (and both their haircuts are rubbish).

Now imagine if I had been on Trump's team, then consider the reaction that would probably have been returned.
Pointless arguments, insults, possible bans - but absolutely nothing gained for either the forum or any of the posters concerned.

That's why politics are bad news as far as this forum is concerned.

romaniac wrote:

I agree.

However, the Events section is a ghost town. Nobody goes there. I posted at the events section and I got zero responses.

At least the forums have a major menu link, but the events section is buried (i.e. ignored) in the "community" drop down menu.

Screen real estate is limited. So I do not expect a special top menu "Events" item. But it would be a good idea to at least have a "latest events" sticky post in the forum section to make the Events section relevant.

klsallee wrote:
romaniac wrote:

I agree.

However, the Events section is a ghost town. Nobody goes there. I posted at the events section and I got zero responses.

At least the forums have a major menu link, but the events section is buried (i.e. ignored) in the "community" drop down menu.

Screen real estate is limited. So I do not expect a special top menu "Events" item. But it would be a good idea to at least have a "latest events" sticky post in the forum section to make the Events section relevant.

I agree with your points.  There's plenty of UX flaws here..