Questions about Mauritius?

*First- to those who chose Mauritius-why did you choose Mauritius?? Was its uniqueness factor?

*Does Mauritius allow dual citizenships to its naturalized citizens?? What I've looked up, is kind of vague

*What do Mauritians think of foreigners, generally?

*The best things about living in Mauritius and the worst- so I can get an idea of it- be honest!

*any other tidbit you'd like to share.

Thanks!

Welcome to the forum wahoo! ;)

Meanwhile to answer some of your queries, I invite you to browse some of our active discussions in the Mauritius forum.

Kind Regards :)

I already have. I purposely asked those questions because I could NOT find them in the other forums. But thank you anyway.

wahoo! wrote:

*First- to those who chose Mauritius-why did you choose Mauritius?? Was its uniqueness factor?

I chose Mauritius as it is the right mix of Western (French) and Asian (Indian) cultures. It was a challenge to work here and to live alone while adapting to local factors. Above all, the beauty of paradise Isle wins hands down!!:thanks:

*Does Mauritius allow dual citizenships to its naturalized citizens?? What I've looked up, is kind of vague

Not sure on this one.

*What do Mauritians think of foreigners, generally?

From what I gather, most Mauritians are very welcoming towards Foreigners, especially if you are competent (on the work front) and they can learn from you.
In general, Tourists are treated very kindly and they are very helpful overall.

*The best things about living in Mauritius and the worst- so I can get an idea of it- be honest!

Best thing is the Natural beauty, esp. the Gorgeous beaches.
Worst, hmmmm.. maybe the fact that the island closes up for normal life quite early and most of sunday, and that sometimes you might find people being a little laid back. If you are from India, you would love the traffic, If you are from the west, you would hate it!! :p

*any other tidbit you'd like to share.

If you want to come and live here for a few yeas of your life, Make sure you visit here on holiday for atleast 2 weeks to get a flavour of it. Its an ISLAND above all, and you have to factor that in. It also has the second highest Cost of Living in Africa, but still below western standards.
I see it developing a lot over the next five years, with a boom (or bubble) being created.!!

Hope this helps!!

Take Care,

Cheers,
Musheer

Mauritians have always loved foreigners, and to hang out with them. There is no discrimination or alienation. In fact, the foreigners have more cared about, in terms of priority and treatment, as they are new to the island and know not much about it.

Wow. Thanks! Those were really helpful. I hope to go to Mauritius one day. :cool: