migration to holland

I'm migrating to Holland end of this year ( dec). I need to know all the information regarding important my kids education since they don't understand dutch ,which i plan to put them in local  govt sponsor school which have both English n dutch so call transition school. can you help to find me these school for my kids age 10 and 15 years old this year. I cant afford international school.

I understand my kids could apply for the allowances which the govt will give them some school allowances every three month for kids age 18 and belows. Also how do i apply for 30% tax exemption for working here.

do you have a step by step website which i can get help on my migration process.

Steven lum

Schools - Assuming you're talking about state schools, I'm not aware of any primary schools that teach in English (could be wrong though); I've heard of secondary schools that are dual-language, but the proviso was that the child had to speak Dutch to be accepted.  I wouldn't worry about it though; when we first moved there, our twins didn't speak a word of Dutch and within a month or so, they were fine; after a year you couldn't tell they hadn't lived there all their lives.

Kids allowances - assuming you mean "Kinderbijslag"; my understanding is that you have to be paying into the "Social Funds" to get it; the link (it's in Dutch - sorry) tells you all about it.

Can't help with the 30% tax exemption - sorry.

I am currently looking after and training an english language 5 year old boy who is student in this school: … ow?no=1849

good luck

Questions and answers about formalities

Ask your question
Questions about the Inburgering exam
By tinkerbelz
Ferdie Craukamp
Immigrate from South Africa to Holland
By Ferdie Craukamp
Getting marriage in the Netherlands
By tropical2512
US Citizens - Changing Name from Abroad
By JillianWyoming

Expatriate health insurance in the Netherlands

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in the Netherlands

Moving to the Netherlands

Find tips from professionals about moving to the Netherlands

Travel insurance in the Netherlands

Enjoy a stress-free travel across the Netherlands

Flights to the Netherlands

Find the best prices for your flight tickets to the Netherlands