Follow all our news on Facebook!

Busking in Madrid

I am visiting Spain in late September 2016 with a view to staying there, either in Madrid or Barcelona.  I am a former history teacher, TV journalist, and touring musician, and initially would like to do a bit of busking in Madrid to see if this might be a realistic means of semi-supporting my stay in the city, certainly until I found some more permanent work. 

However, I know you need a street performers licence to busk in Madrid. But that is about all I know, I dont even know how and where to apply for one, or how extended the process is.  Can anyone assist, ideally a fellow busker, but really anyone with a knowlege of Madrid city licencing proceedure? I speak only the most basic Spanish and can make no headway via the Madrid City Council website. Maybe someone with a better knowledge of Spanish might be able to make sense of it and direct me to the relevant web pages?

Anyway, any assistance at all would be appreciated

Alan Smart

New topic

Expatriate health insurance in Madrid

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Madrid

Moving to Madrid

Find tips from professionals about moving to Madrid

Travel insurance in Madrid

Enjoy stress-free travel to Madrid

Flights to Madrid

Find the best prices for your flight tickets to Madrid