Cost of living in Delhi - expat package

Hello

I'm about coming in New Delhi as expat with my husband .
I would like to know what is the cost of living in Delhi. I'm looking for a flat in green spaces, quiet and near shops, restaurants ... in Delhi or Gurgaon

It seems that flats for expat are very expensive.
Before agreing my package I would like to have more information
Could you tell me how much a couple need in average by month for a nice life including week-ends travel through the country (for ex once a month) ...

In addition, do you know any pleasant districts in Gurgaon with all criteria above ?

Thank u for your help

Hi,
There are a few areas in Delhi where expats like to like like a heard, mainly because they feel more secured, but because of some many shifting to one area, the prices of those areas have tripled.
Ideal would be to live in south delhi, close to the highway that goes to Gurgaon. and if your husband is gonna work in gurgaon then the best is to shift there.
The only problem with gurgaon is that it was a village which suddenly has been converted into highrises, so there isint any social culture, and in the name of social thre a re a few places that have started which are highly commercial
i hope you arent so keen to go to a mall every evening!!!

The ideal area that can suit you would be safdarjun enclave, there are quite a few expats living there as well, but if you look around, then you will get a reasonable place to live

cost of living in New Delhi without rent would be around 50,000  - 80,000 a month, rents start from 20,000 to 200,000 depending what you can live with

in gurgaon on the other hand you can find a place in sushant lok phase 1 or 2, the rents are reasonable,

ideal would be if your husband asks his office to organise a hoem for you guys, cause as a foreigner you will be told higher prices

hope my info helps, if you need to know any thing, just ask

x ash

hey pls could anyone tell me if 20,000rs could be enough for single guy living in delhi,as cost of living without rent..would it be enough?

yes of course Rs 20000/- is good enough for a single without rent

[Moderated]

new delhi is the most expensive city in india to live. but........ new delhi is the 2nd most cheapest metro city in the world to live after karachi. then its mumbai and next kolkata. in the worlds most cheapest metro cities 3 comes from india. you won't find any lifestyle there. its a cheap place. one big example. it is the most crime happening city of india. its the government saying itself. do make a short visit there. there is drinking water problem also. population is 1,40,00,000.

Hi there!  I wrote a post on this with updated prices for 2013.  Hope it helps.

meetmehereandthere.wordpress.com/2013/08/13/cost-of-delhi-living/

Hi titoune 136,
Welcome to New Delhi, India.
Cost of living in Delhi is average nothing more expensive as people are saying like 350 Euro to 3500Euro.
You can get easily good rental flat in around 200-350 Euro. For well furnished house you need to pay like double. If you are coming as on work permit and likely to work in Gurgaon than try to find flat with the help of local person may be it can be your colleagues or your own embassy can help you as their is special help desk is available 24X7 days.
Its a special phone number you need to ask from embassy who help you in dealing with proper people who work only for respective foreign nationals.
If you wanna stay in Gurgaon then their lots of area which are very popular among foreign nationals and its closer to Delhi International Airport.
If you are coming to Delhi for work than Delhi has also same price value may be you need to pay 10% more.
Distance between Gurgaon and Delhi is 40-45km but time to reach is like 90 minutes due to traffic congestion. Always prefer metro. In metro their are also special woman compartments where you can travel peacefully.
As far as i am concern normal monthly life in a rental flat as couple is like
350 Euro House Rent (500 with fully furnish house)
50-80 Electricity bill
10 Euro water bill
100 - 250 euro food bill (it can b less or more according to your cooking or non cooking expenses)
200 Euro like travelling in city (can be less or more according to your utilities)
After arriving in Delhi register yourself to your embassy for mor better information.
Have pleasant stay :)
Gretings
Sachin

Pl's look a house in or around delhi NCR , near to your Husband work place as to save time and energy because of traffic.
In delhi NCR you can get a 3BHK flat from 20000 onwards.
I will be able to help you out and suggests better, if you let me know where your husband will be working/Joining.
Kind regards
Bawa

yes, I think so