Studying abroad in 2012 - Urbino or Bologna?

Ciao a tutti!

I'm an Australian student going to study in Italy in 2012 for the first six months of the year. Unfortunately, my university only has partnerships with the universities of Urbino and Bologna. I have to register before July but I'm starting to research now because I have absolutely no clue of where to go!

It would be greatly appreciated if you could give me any advice or recommendations regarding these universities. My mum's family lives in Rome - I was hoping to study there but unfortunately I can't.. In getting from Urbino to Rome and Bologna to Rome, which is easier? I guess I should also take into account which city is more economical etc.

Thanks very much for your help! :)

Ciao Miss Cupcake! I thought I would give you my opinion about your upcoming studies.  I'm sure you are aware that the University of Bologna is the oldest university in the world and has a sterling reputation academically.  It is associated with some of the very best international firms and universities and studying there would be quite pleasant.  I worked for several years from an office near Bologna and the city is lovely, with miles of arcade passage-ways, many wonderful places to eat and sit and watch the world go by.  There is a very lively atmosphere to Bologna and it sits on the main north-south rail line in Italy.  For access to Rome, you can check the trenitalia.it page.  I have made that journey many times and it is a very easy train ride to Roma Termini.  I know Urbino is a beautiful place, but for studying in Italy, I would recommend Bologna!  Good luck with your choice!

Am a student in Ukraine..Is there any links on how to study in italy or how to get a summer job in italy.

Plase advise

I vote for Bologna, I studied at the University there and it is a great place - moreover, just 40 minutes by train from Florence and a couple of hours from Rome... Bologna, Bologna.

For the Mr Donfaj from Ukraine, you can visit my blog at italianinitaly.wordpress.com about studying in Italy.