Visa Questions

Hello,

I am wondering what is the best way to go about obtaining the proper visa for work in Vietnam. I have read online that it is possible to show up at the airport and pay for a visa there, but I dont know how that will work for Americans, or what the length of that visa will be, or if you can legally find work with that visa, etc. Also, I have been told it is possible to change the status of your visa once already in the country. I have been to another country where that was not possible, and that was a DISASTER, so I want to be sure I can do that.

If anyone can give me advice on how to go about getting the best visa, please help! I have very short notice (1 month) before I am going there and will probably be looking for work once I get there. Whatever would suit that type of situation best!!

Thanks,
B

The visa at the airport doesn't allow you to work. You must have a VN registered business employ you. Americans can get a 1 year multiple visa for 185usd, but you must exit VN every three months and re-enter. This visa doesn't allow you to work legally.

Yea but can you change the status of your visa while in the country? Or do you have to arrive with the working visa?

Enter on a tourist visa, then apply for a work permit, once you have a work permit you can apply for a TRC(temporary residence card)

^ impossible so im constantly told - must have a biz visa from the same company that u want to get a work permit for

Thaiger wrote:

^ impossible so im constantly told - must have a biz visa from the same company that u want to get a work permit for

If he doesn't have a just job with a company he must enter on a tourist visa or the one year business visa that basically works like a tourist visa these days.

Hi
If you want to go to Vietnam for working, you should visit Vietnamese Embassy in your home country for applying the visa.
Best Regards
Monica Tran

I am pleased to announce that business travelers can get visa approval letter with business purpose easily. No documents are required. No travel is required. Its application can be 100% completed online.

https://i.imgsafe.org/4987972eb9.jpg

How to obtain business visa online?

To obtain a visa on arrival to Vietnam for business purpose, one only needs to follow 3 simple steps below:
1. Fill Out Online Application
2. Receive Visa Approval Letter By Email
3. Entry To work Vietnam

colinoscapee wrote:

Enter on a tourist visa, then apply for a work permit, once you have a work permit you can apply for a TRC(temporary residence card)

I thought you couldn't change visa type after you had arrived

Temporary residence card is aligned to your work permit. I did it before without leaving, it all comes down to the person doing the work for you.