Looking to connect with other Brits

Hi I have just signed up. I came to Canada in 1999. We have done well for ourselves we are in our late forties my hubby and I. We were hit hard by the recession as my hubby is an oil and gas worker, things are slowly getting back on track. After all this time trying to mingle and make Freinds in Canada has been challenging. Our sense of humour has been modified until it is barely recognize able. We wanted to try a new culture and avoid becoming part of an English group with no Canadian Freinds. I realize now that having Freinds who are from our own culture would probably be much easier. I am not looking for freind ships based on bashing Canadians, though a little ,Might be fun.... Lol. Looking to find the joy in living in Canada again, new Freinds would be welcome. I am a northerner and my hubby, though he lived abroad a lot during his formative years, his father was a royal marine . Nick is a former soldier tanker transport division, British military. Who lived in the southern part of England Poole Dorset to be precise... I look forward to hearing from anyone out there😬

Questions and answers about Canada

Ask your question
Are you happy in Canada?
By Priscilla
moving to Canada
By Ameed
Danish family moving to Canada
By ChristinaRingsted
English-speaking jobs in Montreal
By mariejomar
Moving to Canada from the UK. Where to Start.....?
By BigRustyBear

Expatriate health insurance in Canada

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Canada

Moving to Canada

Find tips from professionals about moving to Canada

Travel insurance in Canada

Enjoy a stress-free travel across Canada

Flights to Canada

Find the best prices for your flight tickets to Canada