English to Hungarian translation help.

Hi there!  Looking for the correct translation from English to Hungarian.  I've tried a couple online translation services but I've got two different translations.  Hopefully someone here can help.

Back when we were beautiful

Anyone know what that is in Hungarian?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
DM

Amikor mi szépek voltunk

Thanks for the quick reply.

Any idea what this would mean in Hungarian?

Vissza, amikor mi voltunk szep

I just want to get it right because it's for a tattoo  :)

ovenchuk wrote:

Thanks for the quick reply.

Any idea what this would mean in Hungarian?

Vissza, amikor mi voltunk szep

I just want to get it right because it's for a tattoo  :)

Your choice but are you sure you really want a tattoo?

It means nothing!

Grammar error: If you put SzépEK (Vissza, amikor mi voltunk szÉpEK) it would mean the same as: Amikor mi szépek voltunk. However, you do not need Vissza (back when/return) because voltunk is already past tense (we were). Vissza, amikor mi voltunk szépek would be like saying back, back (way back) when we were beautiful. EK is needed on Szép (Beautiful) to make it plural....because voltunk is plural.

ovenchuk wrote:

Back when we were beautiful

Well, if you are going to get a tattoo, you really should consult a professional translator, not just posters at a forum.  ;)

I contacted one of the professional translators available here at the https://www.expat.com business directory on your behalf, and this was her reply:

an option is:

amikor szépek voltunk   (mi = us is not necessary, the conjugated verbs indicate the "we" already)

but if you would like to emphasize the "Back when" part and make it contextual in a cultural way it would be in Hungarian:

amikor még szépek voltunk

Thanks to all those that have helped - I truly appreciate it.

Vissza amikor meg gyonyoruek voltunk

Régen volt, amikor gyöngyörű voltunk.

'Back when' is rather like 'once upon a time', so 'vissza' doesn't do it justice. :)