Dealing with homesickness in Vanuatu

Hello everyone,

Being an expat in Vanuatu can turn out to be a wonderful human, social or professional adventure... with potential moments of nostalgia and homesickness along the way.

What are your personal tips to prevent homesickness?

How do you deal with such feelings?

Are there shops or stores offering products from your home country in Vanuatu? Or maybe venues with music and ambiance from your homeland?

Thanks for sharing your experience,

Priscilla

In 8 years we have never felt the slightest melancholy  for home. True, there are things we miss that we can't buy in Port Vila, simple things that can easy get at home, but that's totally different to being home sick.
We don't miss friends or family, it's lovely to see them when we do catch up occasionally. But don't need to be living on their doorsteps. I hope not too many expats suffer the blues for home.

Hi All,

I have been hoping to move to Vanuatu to work and live. However, I am a chronic Hepatitis B healthy carrier, meaning I am non-contagious and is fit to work. I have a Medical Certificate that I am fit to work issued by a Gastroentrologist Doctor in my country with supported laboratory results.

May I ask if will this be an issue for me to apply work permit / work visa / residency visa?

Really hoping you would respond.

Thank you!