Dealing with homesickness in Poland

Hello everyone,

Being an expat in Poland can turn out to be a wonderful human, social or professional adventure... with potential moments of nostalgia and homesickness along the way.

What are your personal tips to prevent homesickness?

How do you deal with such feelings?

Are there shops or stores offering products from your home country in Poland? Or maybe venues with music and ambiance from your homeland?

Thanks for sharing your experience,

Priscilla

Hi :)
well that's a good questions especially that homesickness thing which I am a little lucky as I haven't felt it so bad or hard unlike my very first travel experience abroad which was to Russia.

But if I really would choose something that I truly miss and cannot find elsewhere is the culture, and on top would be local cuisines and food. No matter how big shops here are but still I have difficulty managing to find stuff or ingredients I used to cook with back in my home country... they are many of them.

Once I ordered some stuff online and it took like forever to get delivered and it wasn't as I expected it to be...
Apart form that, everything tends to be cool :)

Lilly

Well Lilly.
If you name the cusine (original country) the comunity on here may help. Poland unfortunately is not as advanced in internet information as the western countires I lived in. Therefore it is often the personal information that is working here more then the internet.

Greetings,
Marzenna

Priscilla,
Are you in Warsaw?
V.