Schooling

[b]does anyone have any idea about schooling for children where english is not their first language ?
we are german and considering living and working in zimbabwe harare.
does anyone have any ida about the medical arena?
all information is welcome
thank you  :)

Hi zebra, welcome on Expat-blog! :)

I hope other members will be able to help you.

I wish you good luck
Christine

Here in Zimbabwe yes you can find them there  are schools, like David Livingstone Primary School, Moffat Primary School, Gateway Primary etc. Yes you can find them, and helped for that.
First terms starts on 11 january 2011 for all schools and second term on August 04 , 2011.

ahhh thank you very much.
i am looking for 6th form schools, i have 3 children one 12 and the other two are 15 now going to end high school.
any medical information?
thanx

Zebra
Yes there are a lot of these  schools here in Harare,GateWay  High School,
Vainona High School. Girls high, lot's of them , you can choose by yourself.
You can get the place for your childrens.
Thank you.

thank you so much :)

Try the Harare International School or contact your embassy in Harare (If there is one) Other German expats in Harare who work for the embassy should be able to help assuming they have children too.
Good luck.

I strongly suggest you apply to the private schools as these have the best educational systems in place as well as excellent resources. Schools such as Harare International School, Peterhouse Girls', Chisipite Senior Girls' School. If you have a son St. John's College, St. Georges College, Heritage (co-ed).

Once you arrive in Zimbabwe you could go to the schools in person and they are quite receptive to foreigners.

Hope this helps and good luck

I agree with all the advice above. I think those are all great schools. But as suggested, the best thing is to visit the schools to assess if you as a parent are happy. then decide or start all over again.

Wish you best of luck