Travel right NOW :) Best "opportunity" given time of year

I would greatly appreciate it if any of you who know about this issue would chime in.

I am hoping to take a trip somewhere in 2-4 weeks' time.  Ideas include the Seychelles, Sri Lanka, Beirut, Cairo, Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Amman, Sanaa, Muscat, the Taj Mahal, and Tehran.

Is there a place I should jump on now given the fact that it's wintertime? Are flights to particular destinations cheaper now than they would be at other times? Is accommodation in one/two/... of those locations a "steal" or significantly cheaper now than it would be at another time?

Finally, what are good places to fly to from Riyadh? I may work/base myself out of a different city in the general area in the future (perhaps one listed above), so I would like to take advantage of cheap Riyadh to X flights while possible before having to "future city" to X prices.

Many thanks in advance for any help!

Hi. May I suggest a trip to the snow in Lebanon? What do you think? I just came back from there, and it's very nice. Take care.

What is the best option for booking international flights? Expedia.com? Some other website? Lonely Planet says that travel agents offer discounted international airfare; are they cheaper than websites?

Many thanks for any help.  In particular, if anyone has info about Riyadh-Cairo roundtrip, I would appreciate past experiences/tips.