Close

Apply for permanent residence card through marriage while on visit?

I am traveling to Mexico on a tourist visa (with Iranian Passport). Can I apply for permanent residence card through a marriage with a Mexican citizen while I'm visiting there without leaving Mexico !

See the following site Special Rights of Foreigners who are Family Members of Mexican Citizens:

Thank you Joequinx !!

Shahriar123 :

I am traveling to Mexico on a tourist visa (with Iranian Passport). Can I apply for permanent residence card through a marriage with a Mexican citizen while I'm visiting there without leaving Mexico !

No you can´t apply for a permanent resident visa only for a temporary resident visa and only for 1 to 4 years. 30 days before a 2 year RT [Residente Temporal] [Temporary Resident] visa expires you can then apply for a permanent resident visa. [Residente Permanente]

alleycat1 :
Shahriar123 :

No you can´t apply for a permanent resident visa only for a temporary resident visa and only for 1 to 4 years. 30 days before a 2 year RT [Residente Temporal] [Temporary Resident] visa expires you can then apply for a permanent resident visa. [Residente Permanente]

Read my link regarding marriage to Mexicans.

joaquinx :
alleycat1 :
Shahriar123 :

Read my link regarding marriage to Mexicans.

Link quote:
"Immediate family members of Mexican Citizens (even grandparents of a Mexican grandchild) qualify immediately for Residente Permanente,   and spouses of Mexican citizens qualify with 2 years of Mexican residency.  See Vinculo Familiar rules:...."

Not written clearly!  Should be written that spouses of Mexican citizens qualify for 2 years on a Residente Temporal visa and THEN qualify for a Residente Permanente visa.

This also means they can get a 4 year Residente Temporal vísa, if they want, and apply after 4 years on a Residente Temporal. The point is first 2 years mínimum on a RT visa before they qualifiy for applying for a RP visa,

Thank you for the info.

Thank you for the clarification.

Questions and answers about visas

Ask your question
amattahcj
Iftykhar
Change of Tourist visa to Work permit visa ?
By Iftykhar
banat4
Tourist visa, purchasing property
By banat4
mturcat
getting new fmm in nuevo laredo
By mturcat
esecholito
fines for overstay
By esecholito

Expatriate health insurance in Mexico

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Mexico