BACK TO THE BASICS - A WEBSITE BY EXPATS, FOR EXPATS

Hi,

Expat.com defines itself as "The living abroad website, by expats, for expats"

We received too many complains these last days about locals systematically hijacking treads, and many, many active users became very frustrated.

We decided to temporarily block writing access to locals on the forums and are doing our best to find the best solution for everyone.

We may opt for an invitation system... (or something else)

Kind regards,

Julien

A bit hard I would say, but then I guess, you have to do something about it..

ummm, I would have thought the once, twice then strike system would have dealt with any abusers, but eh, you have to do something and start somewhere and it is difficult for Julien to please all the people, all the time; in fact impossible.  So, I hope this will receive a review and some feedback from active members of this forum to provide feedback to Julien and the team on whether the quality of the blog is restoring itself or if any 'hijacking or abuse' continues.  Thank you Julien for being pro-active and responsive.

Julian,

Thanks, things needed done.

I think a reminder is needed again, we are getting back to the same problem

you r right

Better work on spam part dude...authenticate mail after registration for new users mandatory  :)

wilson_derry wrote:

Better work on spam part dude...authenticate mail after registration for new users mandatory  :)

We are thinking about it ;)
Thanks for the suggestion though!

:):)

So then..........whats the plan? lol

HUH...who is this AdBot...always running the add campaign.

Thanks Julien, About time something was done, I was getting fed up with so many locals especially the one about working in their community for higher pay!! hijacking the blog.

Anything you can do would be appreciated.:)