Health Care in Dubai?

What are the health care services like in Dubai? I'm familar with Australian, British and US health care.

And do you have to buy some sort of health insurance? And, if so, what is the cost?

Hi Winston,

you should have a look to medibroker services for an international health insurance.

Regards,

Julien

Great !! Thanks for that.

You're very welcome Winston!

When are you moving to Dubai? By the way, you'll find a lot of information in the Dubai forum.

All the best,

Julien

Sorry, I've been meaning to get back but haven't.

My wife and I are still considering seeking work in the UAE. Could be AD or could be Dubai. We would like to come but are somewhat concerned that the global economic slowdown appears to have resulted in many retrenchments in the UAE, particularly in construction and related industries. The ultimate disaster, socially and financially, would be that we resign our secure jobs in Australia (my wife is an OH&S professional, I'm an IT Manager), rent out our Australian home long term, move to the UAE and one or both of us is retrenched a few months later having paid a full year of rent in advance (and our understanding is that the rents in AD are insane and that Dubai ain't much better: all relative of course to Australian rents). So we are still endeavouring to accurately assess the employment situation in the UAE from a distance but, currently, we intend to stay put until employment in the UAE is starting to look up again.

How's retrenchments/sacking in AD these days? Not as bad as Dubai?

Dubai Health Authority good place.