Me too... Moving to Male

Hey fellow expats,

Have read all of the posts, but I must've missed one or two replies that tells you the cost of accomodation in Male.
Was planning to move there some time soon and would like to be on the safe side and make sure that I can afford to pay for my own place if the company will fail to provide one and the most important IF there will be anyone willing to rent an appartment to a foreigner. So my questions are

- How difficult is to rent a place in Male
- How much would it cost
- How safe would it be for me and most important for my girlfriend who is coming with me.

Thanks in advance.

usually, renting places in male' is difficult either it is too expensive or the place will be too small, depends on the budget your accumulating for rent. i think u can get a good room or an apartment for something like $650 and if your sharing it would be much cheaper. About safety, Male' is not a threat but of course have to be aware of thieves and drug addicts. Then again that depends on the location you choose. If you need more information dont hesitate to give me a call while your here. my number is +9607797274

its ur looking for a one room apartment then maybe you could handle. And i suggest it would be best if u live alone with ur girl, since its very small. maybe u could consult your employer and get a good deal..