Buying furniture

If your read this entire thread there are suggestions!

Of course I have read it from top to bottom .. I just don't understand where I can find the “local guys” that would help me to find the stores..  btw, though I was texting private certain person on here 🙈 sorry, need to figure out how this forum works , I'll get there :)

As posted on this thread there are a few stores in the Sosua/Cabarete area.

Popiterria on  the highway just east of the down town area

Lunares on the main highway in Cabarete

These are you two best bets locally for ready made furniture. There are also some made to order places (rattan and wood) in town. The biggest is Otto's on the main highway also east of town (big yellow chair as a sign in front).

Where in Sosua did you buy your condo?

Your real estate agent should also be able to give you some more ideas
There are lots of stores in Puerto Plata as well.

Hope this helps.

And WELCOME to the forum.

Bob K

Hi Niki....

We too just bought our apartment and furnishing it is rather daunting. I too was a bit panicked until I remembered that it does not have to be done all at once. 😊

We are going to get our mattress from IKEA. You can order online. They ship to Santiago. We will either pick up there, or have it sent on to Sosua. That way we know we have something to sleep on when we arrive. After that, with the help of this forum, we will find the rest of what we need in Puerto Plata and Sosua. Since we have to come through PP, we should be able to find several of these places. Sosua is walkable. When people post locations I screen shot the post for future reference. There is also a Facebook page called Everything Sosua that is helpful.

Just try not to panic. (Easier said than done). We bought our place so we can have a slower pace life style. Just gotta keep that in mind.