Coping with summer??

My wife and I live in Australia and are considering moving to the UAE for a couple of years.

How do you expats cope with the summer in the UAE? Are there periods where you are forced to stay indoors? How much can you get out and about? Any "cabin fever" during summer?

Thanks

I've been in Kuwait for one year (I know, not UAE, but same difference, sort of *duck*). Summer temperatures up to 55 Celsius.
As far as I know, Kuwait is the worst of the ME countries in regards to heat (correct me if I'm wrong :) )

It's mean and nasty, but you can survive. You just switch your Life from daytime to morning and evening and nap away the afternoon (or spend it at work with an AC on).

The nasty part is dust storms. Blaeh. I'm glad I'm out of those ;)

Somehow my last pic doesn't want to be posted here, mpf.
I'll try another one....

nicoleb.org/b2/media/blogs/NicoleB/kuwait/18042008a.jpg

nicoleb.org/b2/index.php/duststorm: More dust, in case you care to get a taste ;)

What are the temps in Dubai during the hottest summer months, Joey?

And do you have the rules about not drinking and eating anything in public during Ramadan (like in Kuwait) as well?

Oh, I fully understand.
I wrote more than one blog post about that insanity.
And tried to convince people that it's not really smart not to drink anything during the day.

Any Doc will tell you that eating nothing & drinking nothing during the day and feast at night for 30 days is not called fasting in medical terms.

Fasting is good, if it's done right ;)

But that's another story :P