Upcoming Events in Ecuador

Alright the Comic Con came and went, thankfully it was in Guayaquil so that made missing it easier. So this thread is about posting events that are schedule for Ecuador. One big event that is upcoming and right here in Quito is a Metallica concert at Bicentennial Park (Parque Bicentenario) in North Quito on Saturday, October 29. Apparently it's a two week concert tour they're doing in Puerto Rico, Central and South America, and it so happens Ecuador is on the list.

Share upcoming events you know about here.

vsimple wrote:

One big event that is upcoming and right here in Quito is a Metallica concert at Bicentennial Park (Parque Bicentenario) in North Quito on Saturday, October 29.

According to an announcement in El Comercio newspaper/website, Metallica tickets for the Quito concert are being sold by Ticketshow.  That would be www.ticketshow.com.ec ...

The El Comercio item says Metallica previously appeared at the same park, Parque Bicentenario, in 2014.  Parque Bicentenario is the site of the former Quito airport where a Papal mass was held last year.

cccmedia

cccmedia wrote:
vsimple wrote:

One big event that is upcoming and right here in Quito is a Metallica concert at Bicentennial Park (Parque Bicentenario) in North Quito on Saturday, October 29.

According to an announcement in El Comercio newspaper/website, Metallica tickets for the Quito concert are being sold by Ticketshow.  That would be www.ticketshow.com.ec ...

The El Comercio item says Metallica previously appeared at the same park, Parque Bicentenario, in 2014.  Parque Bicentenario is the site of the former Quito airport where a Papal mass was held last year.

cccmedia

Yeah I checked yesterday and again now on ticketshow and the event is not listed yet. I hope prices are reasonable.

I missed Comicon in Guayaquil?  CHUTA...

But:

Presenting the FIRST historic SALINAS TRIATHLON WORLD CUP #ITU Marisol Casado Gustavo Svane
Being held in our city #Salinas , Ecuador from 23 to 25 September, 2016
Information and registration: www.trisalinas.com

A reminder for Comic Con fans that it'll be held in Guayaquil this weekend August 25-27. They have several prices, the $60 VIP you get all sorts of goodies including an Ecuador Comic Con t-shirt. I'm going to be missing it again and they really need to bring it to Quito. I don't know why they don't because Quito has had some big stars over the years including Metallica and this December - Bruno Mars.

And of course this Saturday, August 26 the fight of the year between UFC star Conor McGregor and undefeated boxing champ Floyd Mayweather is on. I don't know how popular it is in Ecuador but given that it's on a Saturday night, I anticipate that places that will show the fight will be packed so make reservations if you must. Personally I don't care who wins, I just want one of those egomaniacs to humbled.

The Russian Circus will be in Quito from September 7 - 24. Ticket prices range from $15-$50. It will be held in a big tent at CCI. If you have kids they will love it as Russians know how to put on a good show.