I just learned that International Ponytail Day is July 7th. I think every day should be Ponytail Day.
Here are my Top Ten Reasons Why Beautiful Women Should Wear Ponytails -- and Not Moños (hair buns) -- When They Put Their Hair Up....
10. A ponytail -- known here in South America as cola de caballo (literally: tail of horse) -- shows movement and freedom.
Moños, pronounced MOAN-yohs, are static and tightly bound.
9. A ponytail says “I’m up for some fun.” A moño says “I think I’ll stay in tonight.”
8. A ponytail with a silk blouse, sharp jeans and heels -- that's an international party outfit.
A moño and a granny dress -- that’s for sitting on a small-town porch.
7. Celebs and other hot women wear ponies....
Barbara Eden of “I Dream of Jeannie” famously wore a ponytail. Can’t imagine her wearing a moño....
Other famous ponytailers....
6. Famous moño:
Olive Oyl (Her first appearance with Popeye was in 1919.)
7. For the wearer, ponytails are easy to put up, easy to take down.
6. Ponytails can go to a gala opening.
Moños belong behind a library’s information desk.
5. Ponytails bespeak youth and vitality.
Moños are what your great-grandmother wore.
4. Ponies are ready for the dance floor.
Moños are ready for the retirement home.
3. Ponytails say: it’s the first day of spring.
Moños say: it’s February 19th.
2. Ponytails go good with colorful sneakers or high heels .. or even bare feet !
Moños go with othopedic shoes.
And the #1 reason that beautiful women should wear ponytails....
1. The Three Amigos love ponytails.
They’re not so keen on moños.
--- cccmedia from Medellín, Colombia,
South America’s home of the ponytail
Dedicated to Fred.