Join the Greek language and literature Club

For all those expats who would like to combine their love for literature with improving their skills in Greek, I have scheduled a series of online meetings via Skype.

The objective of these meetings is to improve the language skills of the participants and offer a better understanding of the Greek culture through the reading of a Greek novel. The emphasis will be mainly put on everyday Greek language, grammar, vocabulary, speaking, listening, reading and writing.

Potential participants' Greek should currently be at least at an upper-intermediate level and above.

We will be meeting via Skype group video call once a month from 10:30 to 13:30 on the following Sunday mornings: 30th October, 27th November, 18th December, 29th January, 19th February, 19th March, 30th April, 28th May, and 25th June. Participation is free.

Please note that as we will be doing group work, participants are kindly requested to attend all the meetings (i.e., from October 2016 to June 2017) and not individual sessions.

Thank you! Hope you will join our club!  :)

Hello, Marter. My level is not high enough for this group (I hope to be there within a year).  I am writing, however, in case you might know someone, at an intermediate level, who would like to practice Greek via Skype. (No one I have messaged at expat.com has responded.) Even better, truthfully, would be a reciprocal exchange with a Greek in need of English tutoring: I have taught Greek students in the past (in Greece). I am fluent enough in Greek that my teacher first thought I was Greek adn wondered why I needed lessons, but that intital glamour wore off within about five minutes, when I hit and go silent before my first unscalable wall: a word or phrase I can't manage or grammar structure I don't know, or, worse, when I coin my own terms. Thank you! Suzanne

Hello, Suzanne.
Thank you for your message.
Unfortunately, I don't know anyone at an intermediate level who would like to practice via Skype at the moment.
If you keep messaging, I'm sure you'll find someone.
If I can help in any other way, let me know.
Kind regards,
Marter.

Hello :cheers:

@rskling77 : You could drop an advert in the 'Language Classes' field of our Thessaloniki Classifieds section of the site to better spread the word and find a partner who would want to help you out.

Regards
Kenjee
Expat.com

Thank you very much.