I'm from US, my husband has UK passport. Do I need a sponsor for NIF?

Hi amigos,

As an American who just landed in Portugal with my dual-citizen husband, what do I need to do to obtain residency? We have a small graphic design company (LLC) in the US, and all of our clients are in the States- we will not be opening a business here, and our income can be proven and comes from abroad.

We sign a lease on an apartment this week, and I believe my husband can get his NIF easily as an EU citizen. What should I do, meanwhile? Do I need a fiscal sponsor?

Many thanks in advance for your help!

You can find the telephone number for the SEF and ask them:
I think ur allowed to stay for 90 days, but still u need to call to confirm :)

Thank you Ahmed!

New topic

Questions and answers about formalities

Ask your question
To marry a Filipino lady
By Fachada
Requirements for moving with non-EU girlfriend
By MaybeJohn
portugal 2016 residency stop or working now
By alibiuy

Expatriate health insurance in Portugal

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Portugal

Moving to Portugal

Find tips from professionals about moving to Portugal

Travel insurance in Portugal

Enjoy a stress-free travel across Portugal

Flights to Portugal

Find the best prices for your flight tickets to Portugal