Cheaper cell phone rates coming in October

My Mexican wife and I will be relocating to Mexico full time soon and wanted to share this. A new cell phone provider Flash Mobile has partnered with Lusacell and Movistar to sell air time at what will be roughly half the cost of current rates. The retail rolout will be sometime in October of this year.

You and your readers can learn about this by registering free at https://mitelefonomovil/jamesgrant and watching the pre-launch informational videos. This opportunity is unique in that each reader who becomes a client has the ability to become a re-seller and earn enough sales to get free airtime for life.

Regards,
James Grant

Is that just airtime or text and data too?

The full package details are not available yet but to the best of my knowledge it will include data, voice and text

I will post a blog soon on my website https://mexicanebooks.com/ with details about plans, coverage and what's included as they become available in the next few days and weeks

I asked because Movistar just raised its prepaid rates, rather than unlimited data for Facebook, Twitter and Whatsapp, it's limited to a certain amount depending on the amount prepaid for the month.

I'll be interested to see the details.
Thanks

I will keep you posted

The communication field is getting crowded with the number of apps that permit voice and video calls. With WhatsApp, Skype,Hangouts, Facebook Messenger, Allo and Duo, it makes for difficult decisions on what to choose.

Just would like to throw in some info here.
I recently moved to Manzanillo, Mx. I got a phone 'plan' (no time specified contract!)
TelCel's plan gives free long distance anywhere in North America along with local calls
for about $22 / month. I don't know why anyone could want more. I had my own smart phone.

Lonecowboy, is data included on that plan?

You can get unlimited calls and text in North America for as little as 30 pesos/month, less than $2.00USD.  I had Telcel for years and it had about the best coverage.  The town I live in has a lot of dead areas, Telcel gets zero bars even outside my house.  I switched to Movistar when I bought a new phone and it does get decent reception most of the time.  The only problem I have is that there are a lot of stretches along the Gulf Coast from Veracruz to Reynosa but that was true with Telcel between Zacatecas and Reynosa.

If you don't have a fixed term contract, checkout Telcel's prepaid rates.

.##   The town I live in has a lot of dead areas, Telcel gets zero bars even outside my house

I can see the tower that is 200 m away and I get  no bars. That's Telcel for you!

joaquinx wrote:

.##   The town I live in has a lot of dead areas, Telcel gets zero bars even outside my house

I can see the tower that is 200 m away and I get  no bars. That's Telcel for you!

It seems to me I wrote something similar a few months ago.  About Telcel AND Movistar in Coatepec, Ver.

The cell tower about 500 m. down the road isn't visible from the house.  It's not very tall but has enough antennas on it to be serving all providers.  Telcel, Movistar, Nextel and other users all get inconsistent service.  Lately, I haven't had any missed calls.  Knock wood.

I stayed in two different hotels here before moving and neither one had acceptable cell reception in the middle of downtown.

One of the trials of living in provincia?

I have Telcel service in San Miguel de Allende on their SL100 plan. Only 100 pesos for 23 days (needs refresh then) which includes unlimited minutes and text and enough data for my needs. Best part is that I can call anywhere in Mexico, US and Canada. It works while in the US as well to call back to Mexico or US to US, or Canada!! Hard to beat that deal. Also, if you don't use all the data, it rolls over!