New to Mauritius - would anyone be interested in hiking?

Hi all,

I just moved to Mauritius from the United States. I'll be here until December, and I'd love to meet others and make friends while here.

I love being outside - whether it's mountains or the beach - and would love to go hiking or spend time swimming with anyone interested?

I'm currently living in Moka but am more than willing to figure out the bus system across the island :)

Best,
Kira

There are many hiking places in Mauritius but it is best to go in a group with at lease one or two local people as some nice routes are on private but allowed parts of the island.
Moka is close to one popular hiking it is up the mountain Le Pouce which is quite easy.  Other places are best reached by car.,

One piece of advice if you get replies ' Yes I can show your around' is to be certain that the person is just there to be a help as there is a small number of Mauritian men who are not so nice.

By the way there is an EXPAT Picnic on Tamarin beach tomorrow  from 12:00 to 15:00 which might be a good starting point for meeting new friends

Hi Kira

I am keen to join you on a hike. I am also relatively new here so would be nice to have a partner to check out the trails.

Kind regards
Lauren

Me too!! Also keen to do some hikes .. Moving over towards end of the year ..

Hey Kira,

I just moved here from the States as well. Someone referred this website to me which is really good for hikes http://www.exploremauritius.org/. Also there are hiking groups, such as TRAM and Pat Loisirs group, that do hikes once or twice a month. I live in Flic en Flac so feel free to message me about questions.

Best,
Ryan

Hi Kira,

Kindly check the Facebook page of one of the most famous hiking associations in Mauritius;
facebook.com/adrenalineseekers/?fref=ts

Hello Kira,
TRAM is organizing a hike up Lion Mountain ( South East of Mauritius) on Sunday Sept. 18th.
Have a look at the following Facebook page:
facebook.com/groups/TRAMrando/?ref=bookmarks

Details are in French:
Quick translation ...
Distance 8 km
Difficulty level 2 / 5
What you must have: Good hiking shoes, 2 to 3 liters of water, sun cream, hat and an extra T-Shirt for comfort after the hike.
Pick-up : Port-Louis  @ 07:15, Rose-Hill @ 07:45 & Curepipe @ 08:15
Transport cost: Rs 250

If you need some more details, please drop me a line
Cheers,
Chad

Hi if you want to spend time at beach I suggest you the pereybere beach its really cool there and you like to travel you gone enjoy it  :)

Ahhhh all looks so nice , will be joining you next year

Moderated by Priscilla 7 years ago
Reason : no free ads for your group please

Hi, welcome to Mauritius.