Close
Follow all our news on Facebook!

Visa fees after mobility

Hello,

I just got my visa transfered to a new company. The employer was very nice to me before but ever since I signed his contract and applied for mobility he has been acting rude and strange. My old soonsor gave me mobility after 6 months so I could work here for a better salary. It just got approved and transfered to my new sponsor but he's refusing to pay LMRA fees. He is saying that why should he and he didn't know about this before. I don't know what to do now. Is it possible to go back to my old employer or apply for a new job so soon.

Thank you

Hi,

Sorry to hear about your unfortunate situation, you can move to a new employer following the process of mobility again, but you need to bring this issue to the notice of LMRA since he cannot refuse to pay for VISA charges, the rules are in the below mentioned link

http://lmra.bh/portal/en/page/show/194#.U1zpLldX_Vg

T&R

Thank you for replying.

Firstly, where should I comlpain? and second what if he doesn't pay? will my RP be cancelled or will I go back to my old sponsor?

I too am sorry to hear of your situation.

This usually happens when people rush into new jobs without doing a proper investigation into potential new employers. What's happened has happened. Now try to sort out things with the new employer if you can.

My advise is to try and sort it out with your new employer. He probably is just trying a fast one - He certainly knows about these fees, but is trying to get you to pay the transfer fees. Clearly he is responsible for these fees. And in your defense, you can say how much he has saved by hiring you locally. If he hired from outside, he would have had to pay hefty recruitment fees as well, which he has now completely saved.

If he does not pay these fees, then LMRA will not process your application and your stay in Bahrain will effectively become illegal.

Your previous employer seems a reasonable person. You may want to speak to your old employer and see if they can assist by taking you back.

You can complain to the LMRA. But this could be the last resort. Only when you see there is no other way and you will be in trouble.

You should also involve the Embassy of your country. They will be able to put some pressure on your new employer.

Good luck.

Farhaz :

I too am sorry to hear of your situation.

This usually happens when people rush into new jobs without doing a proper investigation into potential new employers. What's happened has happened. Now try to sort out things with the new employer if you can.

My advise is to try and sort it out with your new employer. He probably is just trying a fast one - He certainly knows about these fees, but is trying to get you to pay the transfer fees. Clearly he is responsible for these fees. And in your defense, you can say how much he has saved by hiring you locally. If he hired from outside, he would have had to pay hefty recruitment fees as well, which he has now completely saved.

If he does not pay these fees, then LMRA will not process your application and your stay in Bahrain will effectively become illegal.

Your previous employer seems a reasonable person. You may want to speak to your old employer and see if they can assist by taking you back.

You can complain to the LMRA. But this could be the last resort. Only when you see there is no other way and you will be in trouble.

You should also involve the Embassy of your country. They will be able to put some pressure on your new employer.

Good luck.

Thank you for replying.

I told him that I checked wih lmra and he's responsible for the fees and not me. He thought I didn't know and was trying to double cross me. My old employer doesn't mind taking me back though.

Expat1122 :

Thank you for replying.

I told him that I checked wih lmra and he's responsible for the fees and not me. He thought I didn't know and was trying to double cross me. My old employer doesn't mind taking me back though.

You are welcome.

He does appear cheap and dishonest. If I were you, I will be careful with him.

All the best.

Expatriate health insurance in Bahrain

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Bahrain

Moving to Bahrain

Find tips from professionals about moving to Bahrain

Travel insurance in Bahrain

Enjoy stress-free travel to Bahrain

Flights to Bahrain

Find the best prices for your flight tickets to Bahrain