Expats like to use local stuff or imported brands?

I have a question for you expats. Pls help give me some ideas.

I worked for a shop which sold lots of high quality products imported from US, Europe, Aus, Canada,...including fashion accessories to personal care products as ointment, shampoo,toothbrush..and it was quite crowded with expats and tourism all the time. However, when I did some advertising of a toothpaste as Sensodyne imported from US or a shampoo imported from Europe with high quality in Expat Facebook Group I always received many comments that expats did not waste their money for those imported products as they can buy local stuff quite cheap here. I was a bit amazed also as many expats who I talked to could not see any difference about the quality, the taste, the duration of smell,...b/w the stuff they use at their own country with those they bought from the supermarket here.

You gals can help me on this? Do you have a demand for vitamins and supplements or medicine from US, Europe, AU rather than local stuff? In fact I am selling quite well those to Vietnamese but I want to explore if expats have a need.

Thanks for your kind advice in advance

Just answer why expat move to vietnam? Then u can understand why they dont use these kind of products

Precisely.   We are not all naive...      :idontagree:

Questions and answers about Ho Chi Minh City

Ask your question
Looking for badminton partners
By jgl148
oil changes
By panda7
Where to get Vietnam Visa Extention in HCMC
By 726dbr
Sophie in HCM
foreigner import the used-car for working in Vietnam
By Sophie in HCM
How do you say the idea of "drama" in Vietnamese?
By daveycrockett9000

Expatriate health insurance in Ho Chi Minh City

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Ho Chi Minh City

Moving to Ho Chi Minh City

Find tips from professionals about moving to Ho Chi Minh City

Travel insurance in Ho Chi Minh City

Enjoy a stress-free travel across Ho Chi Minh City

Flights to Ho Chi Minh City

Find the best prices for your flight tickets to Ho Chi Minh City