Castellano in Valencia

My family moved to Valencia a few weeks ago. My wife and I have acquired a fair bit of Spanish through DuoLingo and our kids studied after school for a few hours each week leading up to this move. Now we're in the thick of it and will need to get all of us up to speed quickly.
If you have been to Spain then you know the Spanish people have no patience for sub standard Spanish so we want to improve quickly. Unfortunately as a family of 5 we won't have a lot of mo ey to spend on centre-based instruction. The upside is that we are native native English speakers, our kids were all in French Immersion before moving here, and my wife and I are both CELTA certified English instructors.
If you are a native Spanish speaker looking for help in English for you or your kids and are open to bartering or trading language skills, let's talk. We are in Benicalap, 46025 and our kids all attend Colegio de San Juan Bosco in Tendetes.
Talk soon!
Steve and Natasha

Hi Steve,

How's it going here in Valencia with your family, are you progressing with your Spanish? Hope your family is adapting well to your new life here!

My name is Gerardo, I'm a native Spanish living in Valencia.
Back in 2013 I spent about 14 months with my family (wife and 1 kid - now 2 kids) in Bristol, UK. Since we moved back to Valencia, I've been wanting to meet people (families, ideally) to practice English and to keep my older son (who managed to learn some English) in touch with an English-spoken environment. But that didn't prove to be easy to achieve on the long run.

So, if you're still looking for somebody to learn/practice Spanish, in exchange for some English, I'd be more than glad to meet you!

We live in Juan Llorens area (46008), not too far away from Benicalap actually.

Un saludo,

Questions and answers about school and studies

Ask your question
Reasonably priced International Schools
By Sweetpea16
By JemB30
Erasmus in Valencia
By Tara92
Attending a Univerity in Spain
By rey0123
I teach Spanish to English speaking people
By nachovalencia
Spanish Classes
By carolereay

Expatriate health insurance in Valencia

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Valencia

Moving to Valencia

Find tips from professionals about moving to Valencia

Travel insurance in Valencia

Enjoy a stress-free travel across Valencia

Flights to Valencia

Find the best prices for your flight tickets to Valencia