Northfields school info

I am wondering if anyone can help
Me with a few questions about Northfields. My kids are age 12 ( boy ) and 9 ( girl )

1. Are your kids happy there and did they settle quite easily ?

2. Is it difficult to get in and how soon before does one need to apply.

3. What are the annual fees , I can't see anything about fees on the site.

4. As far as where kids live on the island that attend that school where are most kids based who attend Northfields.

5. As a new parent did you find it easy to make friends via school ?

Thanks so much in advance

Regards Cara

Any Northfields parents on the post ?

Hi sorry I did look at Northfields & West Coast International & I decided on West Coast loving the school my daughter who is 15 says it's a very welcoming place. Sorry not much help.

Thanks so much Patricia , my husband will work in Mapou so its a good option for us travel wise ?
Maybe its worth looking at West coast also, ideally if I could choose would live in Tamarin.
Where do you stay ?

I stay in flic en flac the school is 5 minutes from me. There is a school bus that goes to Tamarin for the children I looked at the distance as I'm not working in preferred Flic en Flac but a personal choice.

Hi, we're hopefully moving in January and our son (9) will be going to Northfields, so I'm watching this post with interest :)

It was a personal decision so I'm not saying anything bad about Northfields I'm sure your son will be very happy there.

From what I gather on the forum Westcoast sounds like a lovely school, and I think may be a better fit BUT for us with work etc we need to be in the North.
So then Northfields looks like the best option. Would love as much info as possible.
Regards Cara

We enquired at West Coast for him to start year 5 in January 2017, but they were unfortunately full. They did offer to put him on a waiting list though.
Northfields had space, and my husband went to look at the school and he was very impressed. So here's hoping 😀 It's also the reason we're looking to move to the North

Amazing to hear , we are going to have to go and look and see. I am sure my 2 will be happy there.
Where are you moving from?
Where are you looking at staying in the North ?

Hi Kara

My family is also probably moving to the north of Mauritius at the end of 2017. Our daughter will be 12 and we are also looking at Northfields. I have contacted them now as I hear their waiting list can be quite long.
Have you made any further decisions about the school yet?

Questions and answers about school and studies

Ask your question
Looking for Spanish Language Classes
By Asoulimani
Home schooling
By Patriciaprepok
Tourism Management Assignment Help
By SarahCourtis
Waldorf curriculum - Homeschooling
By purplepixie
french lessons in the area of Floreal
By LarissaLarissa

Expatriate health insurance in Mauritius

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Mauritius

Moving to Mauritius

Find tips from professionals about moving to Mauritius

Travel insurance in Mauritius

Enjoy a stress-free travel across Mauritius

Flights to Mauritius

Find the best prices for your flight tickets to Mauritius