Any recommendations on the cheapest time of year to travel there?

Hello!  My name is Kimberley, I moved to Edinburgh from Ottawa, Canada, 9 years ago.  I love Scotland and have tried to tour it as much as possible, still not been to the outer Hebrides, Orkney or Shetland yet, but hopefully soon.  Cost of travelling to the islands can be high, any recommendations on the cheapest time of year to travel there?

I am a member of Old Saint Paul's Scottish Episcopal church, and I enjoy knitting and crocheting.

I am a member of a local curling club and also on a softball team.  If you fancy curling or playing some softball, just let me know!

Hi Kimberley and welcome to :)

I have created a new thread with your post on the Scotland forum so as to raise your chances in obtaining a maximum feedback from the members. ;)

For Shetland you will probably find it is cheaper to fly than to take the ferry but with flights it will be just a case of being flexible and monitoring prices online day by day to look for bargains. The other islands are not so far away so the ferry prices are not too bad.

Questions and answers about Scotland

Ask your question
By csage75
Are you happy in Scotland?
By Priscilla
Best cities to live in Scotland
By Julien
Curling Club - players needed
By KimberleyCDN

Expatriate health insurance in Scotland

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Scotland

Moving to Scotland

Find tips from professionals about moving to Scotland

Travel insurance in Scotland

Enjoy a stress-free travel across Scotland

Flights to Scotland

Find the best prices for your flight tickets to Scotland