Blind people - currency

are blind people able to recognise the Vietnamese currency (notes) by size or marks ? thanks

I think yes ' cause each note has different layout and design according to its value and the blind can recognize that through touching notes' surfaces provided that they know and remember each note's identity and distinction.

Singuyen's suggestion makes a lot of sense.  Not having reading glasses when outside, I have used the color cues and found that often resulted in mixing up 10,000 and 100,000 as the colors are not the same but similar.  20,000 and 200,000 are clearly different colors as are 50,000 and 500,000.  A partially sighted person could use the colors and the size differences for the small bills should be easy enough as well as the difference between paper and plastic.   Those small ones are the ones they are more likely to be handling.  Pity the blind vendor in the US where every bill is the same size. 

No insult intended to Bac Ho but it would also be nice if Vietnam recognized a few more national heroes so there could be different faces on different denominations.  Sadly Vo Nguyen Giap may never appear on a bill because of his political differences with Le Duan.  Perhaps the government could go back to older more politically neutral figures like the two Trung sisters, Quang Trung (Nguyen Hue), Tran Hung Dao, or Nguyen Trung Truc.

Wow, your knowledge in Vietnamese history really amazed me ^^. Yeah, I think it's ok if we could have besides President Ho other national heroes or historical figures for different values of notes.

No, I don't know that much history.  I just notice the names of the streets.   :cheers:

THIGV wrote:

No, I don't know that much history.  I just notice the names of the streets.   :cheers:

What a humble man!  :top:

20,000 and 500,000 notes are often confused by seeing people, myself included. Several times I have returned a 500,000 note when a 20,000 should have been given to me in change.